Robin Clemens Benzing (born May 1, 1989) is a German professional basketball player for Casademont Zaragoza of the Liga ACB. He is also a member of the Germany national basketball team. Standing at 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m), he plays at the small forward position.
Benzing with Germany in 2017
|No. 19 – Casademont Zaragoza|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
|Born||May 1, 1989|
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Benzing played in Germany with TV Langen in the second-tier TV Langen until 2009. In 2008, he had signed a letter of intent with the University of Michigan, but eventually did not join the Wolverines due to NCAA initial eligibility requirements.
From 2009 to 2011, Benzing played for Ratiopharm Ulm in Germany's Basketball Bundesliga, followed by a four-year stint at Bayern Munich. On June 30, 2015, he signed a two-year deal with CAI Zaragoza of the Spanish Liga ACB. After two years playing in Spain, he returned to his home country in September 2017, signing a three-year contract with S.Oliver Würzburg. Benzing averaged 17.2 points and 4.1 rebounds per game in the 2017-18 season. On September 4, he signed a one-month deal with Beşiktaş, with an option for nine additional months.
German national teamEdit
Benzing has been a member of the German national under-18 and German national under-20 teams. He played in the 2007 FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship and the 2009 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship, where he was the tournament's leading scorer with 22.2 points per game. In 2009, he made his debut for the senior Germany national basketball team in the EuroBasket 2009. He also played the EuroBasket 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 and the 2010 FIBA World Championship.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
- "German player Benzing signs with Michigan men's basketball team". MLive.com. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Recruit Benzing Will Not Enroll at Michigan". University of Michigan Athletics. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- Robin Benzing signs with CAI Zaragoza
- "Kapitän der deutschen Nationalmannschaft bis 2020 verpflichtet: soliver-wuerzburg.de". www.soliver-wuerzburg.de. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Robin Benzing signs with Besiktas a one-month deal with option for nine more months". Sportando. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Zaragoza announces Robin Benzing". Sportando.com. 27 July 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2019.