Robert Morris Colonials football
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Robert Morris Colonials football program is the intercollegiate American football team for the Robert Morris University located in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. The team competes in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) and are members of the Northeast Conference. The school's first football team was fielded in 1994. The team plays its home games at the 3,000 seat Joe Walton Stadium. They are currently led by first-year head coach Bernard Clark
|Robert Morris Colonials|
|Head coach||Bernard Clark|
1st season, 2–9 (.182)
|Stadium||Joe Walton Stadium|
|Location||Moon Township, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania|
|NCAA division||Division I FCS|
|All-time record||116–102–1 (.532)|
|Colors||Blue, White, and Red|
- For information on all Robert Morris University sports, see Robert Morris Colonials
- 1994–present: NCAA Division I–AA/FCS
- 1994–1995: Independent
- 1996–present: Northeast Conference
FCS Playoffs resultsEdit
The Colonials have appeared in the FCS playoffs one time with an overall record of 0–1.
|2010||First Round||North Dakota State||L 17–43|
Notable former playersEdit
|1996Co||Joe Walton||Northeast Conference||9–2|
|1997||Joe Walton||Northeast Conference||8–3|
|1998Co||Joe Walton||Northeast Conference||8–2|
|1999||Joe Walton||Northeast Conference||4–6|
|2000||Joe Walton||Northeast Conference||10–0|
|2010Co||Joe Walton||Northeast Conference||8–3|
- "RMU Athletics Logo". September 9, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- Robert Morris Colonials, College Football Data Warehouse, retrieved October 1, 2016.
- Phil Axelrod (3 Sep 1994). "Ready or not, the future is here for fledgling Robert Morris". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. p. E-5. Retrieved 22 January 2019.