Robert Lowery (basketball)
Robert Lowery Jr. (born December 23, 1987) is an American professional basketball player for Tsmoki-Minsk of the VTB United League. Standing at 1.88 m (6'2"), he plays the point guard position. After two years at Cecil College and two years at Dayton, Lowery entered the 2010 NBA draft but was not selected in the draft's two rounds.
|No. 3 – Tsmoki-Minsk|
|League||VTB United League|
|Born||December 23, 1987|
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||173 lb (78 kg)|
|High school||McDonough (Pomfret, Maryland)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|2018–2019||Twarde Pierniki Toruń|
|Career highlights and awards|
High school careerEdit
Lowery spent his college career at Cecil College and at the University of Dayton. At Cecil, he earned First Team Division II Junior College All-American honors, and was selected to compete in the 2008 national junior college all-star game in Phoenix, Arizona. In his senior season, he helped the Dayton Flyers capture the NIT championship.
Lowery signed with Levharti Chomutov of the Czech Republic for the 2011–12 season and was chosen to play at the Czech NBL Allstar Game in 2012. He averaged 17.6 points a game for Chomutov on the season.
He then continued his pro career in Turkey, turning out for Turkish Second Division team Best Balikesir Basketbol Kulubu in 2012–13. He earned the Eurobasket.com website's All-Turkish TB2L Honorable Mention status that season.
Lowery headed to Italy for the 2013–14 campaign, joining the Italian Second Division club Lighthouse Trapani, before landing a deal in one of the major leagues in Europe, the A1 in Greece. He signed with ASA Koroivos Amaliadas for the 2014–15 campaign. In eight games, he averaged 16.8 points, as well as 5 rebounds, 2.4 assists, and 2.4 steals, before moving to Latvian powerhouse VEF Rīga. on December 7, 2014.
In July 2015, he signed with Denizli Basket of Turkey. But due to health problems, Denizli and Lowery parted ways in September 2015. After starting the 2015–16 season with Nea Kifissia in Greece, Lowery moved to Germany's first division club Alba Berlin on January 19, 2016.
Lowery spent the 2018-19 season with Twarde Pierniki Toruń in Poland, averaging 12.8 points, 3.7 rebounds and 6.4 assists per game. On July 11, 2019, Lowery returned to Greece and signed a deal with Promitheas Patras of the Greek Basket League. Lowery signed with Tsmoki-Minsk on October 24. He averaged 12.9 points, three rebounds and 5.4 assists per game in the VTB League. On July 21, 2020, Lowery re-signed with the team.
- "DAYTON SIGNS JUCO POINT GUARD ROB LOWERY". University of Dayton. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Dayton Flyers Win NIT Championship; Tragedy Strikes UD Volleyball Team - Waiting For Next Year". Waiting For Next Year. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Former UD teammates headed to Germany". www.daytondailynews.com. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Basketbal: Chomutov posílí americký rozehrávač Lowery". Chomutovský deník. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Robert Lowery Basketball Player Profile, ALBA Berlin, Dayton, News, BBL stats, Career, Games Logs, Bests, Awards - eurobasket.com". www.eurobasket.com. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- ""VEF Rīga" pievienojas Roberts Loverijs - VEF Rīga". vefriga.com. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- Denizli parts ways with Robert Lowery
- "US-Guard Robert Lowery verstärkt ALBA BERLIN" (in German). albaberlin.de. Retrieved January 23, 2016.
- "Promitheas signs Rob Lowery". Sportando. July 11, 2019. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "Robert Lowery signs with Tsmoki-Minsk". Sportando. July 21, 2020. Retrieved July 21, 2020.
- "Robert Lowery to stay with Tsmoki-Minsk". Sportando. July 21, 2020. Retrieved July 21, 2020.