Robert Lowell Henderson (born 21 July 1961) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island in the 2007 provincial election. He represents the electoral district of O'Leary-Inverness and is a member of the Liberal Party. He is the son of the late former MP George Henderson.
Robert L. Henderson
|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island for|
|Assumed office |
June 12, 2007
|Preceded by||Eva Rodgerson|
|Born||July 21, 1961|
Freeland, Prince Edward Island, Canada
In October 2011, Henderson was appointed to the Executive Council of Prince Edward Island as Minister of Tourism and Culture. Henderson continued to serve as Minister of Tourism when Wade MacLauchlan took over as premier in February 2015, but was left out when MacLauchlan shuffled the cabinet following the 2015 election. On January 7, 2016, Henderson returned to cabinet as Minister of Health and Wellness. On January 10, 2018, Henderson was moved to Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- "Minding the House: a biographical guide to Prince Edward Island MLAs (Volume 2), 1993-2017 (Cassandra Bernard & Sean McQuaid, Eds.)" (PDF). Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island. Retrieved 2021-04-05.
- "Veterans bounced from P.E.I. cabinet". CBC News. October 18, 2011. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Wade MacLauchlan sworn in as premier, reduces cabinet". The Guardian. February 23, 2015. Retrieved 2023-09-07.
- "Robert Henderson holds government to account in question period". CBC News. November 16, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "P.E.I. cabinet shuffle: Tina Mundy, Robert Henderson in, Hal Perry out". CBC News. January 7, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Hal Perry out, Tina Mundy, Robert Henderson in after P.E.I. cabinet shuffle". The Guardian. January 7, 2016. Retrieved 2023-09-07.
- "Roach, McIsaac out in P.E.I. cabinet shuffle". CBC News. January 10, 2018. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- Ross, Shane (April 4, 2023). "Who's in, who's out: Meet the new Legislative Assembly of P.E.I." CBC News.