Robert William "Bob" Harper, Jr. (born 1957 (age 63–64)) is a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University who works in programming language research. Prior to his position at Carnegie Mellon, Harper was a research fellow at the University of Edinburgh.
- Robin Milner, Mads Tofte, Robert Harper, and David MacQueen. The Definition of Standard ML (Revised). MIT Press, 1997.
- Robert Harper (editor). Types in Compilation. Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, volume 2071, 2001.
- Robert Harper. Type Systems for Programming Languages. Draft, 2000.
- Robert Harper. Programming in Standard ML. Working Draft, 2013.
- Robert Harper. Practical Foundations for Programming Languages, 2007 draft. 2nd edition: ISBN 1107150302, 2016.