Robert Dominick O'Gara (born July 6, 1993) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman for the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL). O'Gara was selected by the Boston Bruins in the fifth-round (151st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
July 6, 1993|
Massapequa, New York, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
New York Rangers|
Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
151st overall, 2011|
O'Gara was born on Long Island, to parents Christine Rittmeyer and Brian O'Gara. As a youth, he played in the 2006 Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament with the New York Islanders minor ice hockey team. Following two seasons at Milton Academy, O'Gara enrolled at Yale University to play NCAA Division I hockey with the Yale Bulldogs. In his freshman season he helped the Bulldogs capture the 2012–13 NCAA Championship, the first national championship title for the team. The following season, O'Gara was named to the NCAA All-Ivy League Second Team, and in his junior year his outstanding play was rewarded when he selected as ECAC Hockey's Best Defensive Defenseman and was named to the NCAA (East) First All-American Team.
On March 29, 2016, the Boston Bruins signed O'Gara to a two-year, entry-level contract beginning in the 2016–17 season. The Providence Bruins, the AHL affiliate to Boston, signed him to an ATO (amateur try-out) for the reminder of the 2015–16 season.
|2017–18||New York Rangers||NHL||22||0||3||3||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2018–19||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||47||3||8||11||64||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
|All-Ivy League Second Team||2013–14|||
|All-Ivy League First Team||2014–15|||
|ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman||2014–15|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First All-Star Team||2014–15|||
|NCAA (East) First All-American Team||2014–15|||
|All-Ivy League First Team||2015–16|||
- "Pee-Wee players who have reached NHL or WHA" (PDF). Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournament. 2018. Retrieved January 6, 2019.
- "Rob O'Gara player profile". Yale Bulldogs. March 14, 2014. Retrieved March 14, 2014.
- "Rangers Acquire Defenseman O'Gara and 2018 Third Round Pick From Bruins". NHL.com. February 20, 2018. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- "Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy – 2013–14". Ivy League. March 7, 2014. Archived from the original on March 7, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- "Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy, Coach of the Year Announced". Ivy League. March 5, 2015. Archived from the original on June 17, 2017. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- "Conference Honors, 2014–15". collegehockeyinc.com. April 1, 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- "ECAC Hockey honors three Dutchmen". unionhockeyblog.com. April 15, 2015. Retrieved April 15, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Alex Lyon, Rob O'Gara, Yale's first-team All-Americans, to return next season".
- "Men's Ice Hockey All-Ivy, Coach of the Year Announced". Ivy League. March 3, 2016. Archived from the original on March 7, 2016. Retrieved March 3, 2016.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman
James de Haas
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey defenseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|