31 March 1977
Barrackpore, West Bengal, India
|Spouse(s)||Aparajita Ghosh Das|
Chakraborty was associated with Bengali theatre from a very early age. As he grew older he became passionate about acting. After his initial struggle in the Bengali film industry he worked in a few television serials and telefilms. He debuted in the film Pagol Premi. After which, he appeared in Anjan Dutt's cult film Chalo Let's Go, alongside in 2008, followed by Cross Connection with Rimjhim Mitra, Abir Chatterjee and Payel Sarkar, and Raj Chakraborty's Le Chakka, playing the second lead alongside Dev in 2010. He appeared in six films in 2013, and for Shabdo he won the Filmfare East Best Actor's award in 2014.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
Television & WebEdit
- West Bengal Film Journalists' Association [Winner] (2020),
Best Actor in a Negetive Role for Vinci Da .
- Filmfare Awards East
Critic's Choice [Nominee] (2020), Best Actor Male for Rajlokhi O Srikanto (2019)
- Filmfare Award [Winner] (2018),
Best Supporting Actor for Jyeshthoputro (2019)
- The Eunuch and the Flute Player (2017) Best actor nominated for WBFJA
- WBFJA [Nominee] (2018)
Best Actor for Maacher Jhol (2017)
- Raindance Film Festival,
Jury Prize [Nominee] (2016) Best Actor for The Violin Player (2015)
- Filmfare Award [Winner] (2014),
Best Actor for Shabdo (2012)
- "Ritwick Chakraborty filmography". Gomolo. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Did you know how life was for Ritwick Chakraborty before becoming an actor? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2021.
- "Tollywood Actor Ritwick Chakraborty". WBRi. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Har Har Byomkesh actors share their experiences". The Times of India. Retrieved 13 December 2015.
- "Ahare Mon movie review". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2018.
- "'Parineeta' completes one year: Why Raj Chakraborty's film more than just a typical family drama - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2021.
- "Ritwick Chakraborty on Teko". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 9 February 2021.