Rita Mills was a singer from the Torres Strait Islands. She was part of the Mills Sisters with her sisters Cessa and Ina. She was born in 1934 on Naghir Island in Torres Strait. She lived on Thursday Island and during World War II was temporarily evacuated to the mainland. After she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 2000 she moved to Cairns, retiring in 2001 and she died in 2004.
|Years active||1975 – 2001|
|Associated acts||Mills Sisters|
- Blue Mountain (1999)
- Mata Nice (2000)
- Baker, Jordan (28 March 2003). "Better late than never for Uncle Seaman". General News. Australian Associated Press.
- Stewart, Paul (11 March 2001). "Rita calls it a day, at last". Sunday Herald Sun.
- Pryor, Cathy (8 September 2001). "Northern Delights". The Australian.
- "Sunnies select Cairns". Cairns Post. 31 August 2001.
- Connolly, Steve (13 December 2004). "Trailblazer sang Torres on to map". The Australian.