Rita Chikwelu (born 6 March 1988) is a Nigerian professional football player who plays for Spanish club Madrid DFF. She previously played for Umeå IK and Kristianstads DFF. She is also a member of the Nigeria women's national football team (The Super Falcons).
|Full name||Rita Chikwelu|
|Date of birth||6 March 1988|
|Place of birth||Asaba, Nigeria|
|Height||160 cm (5 ft 3 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:40, 16 January 2020 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 5 July 2011
Chikwelu participated in the FIFA U-20 World Cup from 2004–2008 and made her senior national team debut in 2007 at the FIFA women's World Cup. She was a member of the Nigerian Olympic team which participated in the 2008 Summer Olympics in China and a member of the Nigerian squad in the 2011 FIFA women's World Cup.
- "Rita Chikwelu profile". Umeå IK. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Naisten Liiga scorers 2006–2011". Finnish Football Association. Archived from the original on 6 February 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Fredriksson, Emelie (26 November 2016). "Rita Chikwelu klar för Kristianstads DFF" (in Swedish). Aftonbladet. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Rita Chikwelu Biography and Statistics". Sports Reference. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 14 October 2009.
Media related to Rita Chikwelu at Wikimedia Commons
- Rita Chikwelu – FIFA competition record
- FIFA.com – Article on Rita Chikwelu
- FC United – Picture of Rita and FC United team
- FIFA.com – Photo album
- Rita Chikwelu at SvFF (in Swedish)
- Rita Chikwelu at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to women's association football in Nigeria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|