This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
RISK! is a weekly podcast and live storytelling show created and hosted by writer and actor Kevin Allison. The show's official website describes RISK! as a place "where people tell true stories they never thought they'd dare to share in public". Risk! started as a weekly live storytelling series in August 2009. Chris Castiglione and Jeff Barr joined in 2010 as part of the founding team.
|Hosted by||Kevin Allison|
Each episode of the Risk! podcast starts with an introduction from Kevin Allison. In his introduction, Allison updates listeners about upcoming events that relate to the show and he also introduces that week's theme. Past themes include "Unintended," "New At This," and "Met on the Net."
The show then continues with humorous theme-based first-person narratives that are told by comedians as well as everyday people. The stories from the podcast are usually a combination of material from Kevin Allison, the live show, listener submissions and work from The Story Studio. These stories are usually followed by user-submitted interstitial music.
The live version of Risk! debuted as a weekly show at Arlene's Grocery in New York City on August 6, 2009. The theme of the premiere show was "Strange Sex: Our Wildest Encounters" and featured stories from Marc Maron, Jessi Klein, Margot Leitman, Jonathan Kesselman, and was hosted by Kevin Allison. The weekly show moved to Joe's Pub in October 2009. Featured performers at the Joe's Pub performances include Margaret Cho, Rachel Dratch, Andy Borowitz and Janeane Garofalo.
In 2010, Risk! began monthly live shows in both New York City and Los Angeles. The New York shows are hosted by Kevin Allison, and the shows in Los Angeles are hosted by Beowulf Jones. Currently, live shows can be seen at The People's Improv Theater in New York City or at the Nerdist Theater at Meltdown in Hollywood.
The RISK! live show frequently tours around the US as well, with occasional international dates. Kevin Allison hosted a live show during SXSW in Austin, Texas in 2012. The live show has also traveled to Albany, New York, Portland, Oregon and Brown University.
- "About Us". Kevin Allison Presents: RISK!. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Chris Castiglione and Jeff Barr join the RISK! team". Kevin Allison Presents: RISK!. Retrieved 28 Dec 2014.
- McCarthy, Sean L. "Kevin Allison: Not afraid to take a comedy RISK!". the comic's comic. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "Kevin Allison of "The State" presents RISK!". Joe's Pub. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- "SXSW Comedy: RISK! True Tales, Boldly Told hosted by Kevin Allison (The State) and featuring special guests". SX Schedule. SXSW Inc. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "RISK! TRUE STORIES BOLDLY TOLD LIVE - The Linda: WAMC's Performing Arts Studio". The Linda: WAMC's Performing Arts Studio. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "RISK! | Bridgetown Comedy Festival". Bridgetown Comedy Festival. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "RISK! Comes to Brown University!". Kevin Allison Presents: RISK!. Retrieved 9 July 2012.