Rishaw Kali Johnson (born February 23, 1989) is an American football offensive guard that is currently a free agent. He attended California University of Pennsylvania in 2011, having transferred there from the University of Mississippi, where he played from 2008 to 2010. He signed as an undrafted free agent with the Seattle Seahawks in 2012.
Johnson with the Seattle Seahawks in 2012
|Born:||February 23, 1989|
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||313 lb (142 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Johnson attended St. Augustine High School in his freshman and sophomore year, until Hurricane Katrina devastated the city in 2005. He was forced to move to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and played his junior season at Southern Laboratory School. He completed his high school career at Hammond High School in Hammond, Louisiana, where he was regarded as a four-star offensive line prospect. He chose Ole Miss over Florida State and Southern Miss.
After redshirting his initial year at Ole Miss, Johnson saw action in five games as a redshirt freshman in 2008. In 2009, he appeared in five games, with four starts, at right guard. After starting the season opener of his junior season, Johnson was dismissed from Ole Miss for "violating team rules." He then transferred to California University of Pennsylvania, where he was a Division II All-American selection in 2011. Johnson played in the 2012 Senior Bowl and the 2012 East–West Shrine Game.
2012 NFL DraftEdit
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 3 3⁄8 in
|35 1⁄4 in
|10 1⁄4 in
|5.24 s||4.53 s||7.87 s||31 1⁄2 in
|9 ft 0 in
|All values from NFL Combine.|
Johnson was not drafted, and was signed by the Seattle Seahawks after the draft, and spent time on the practice squad. In late September, Johnson was brought in by the Chicago Bears for a workout, but was not signed.
In December 2012, Johnson was promoted from the Seahawks practice squad to their active roster.
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
New York GiantsEdit
On May 4, 2015, he was waived by the Redskins.
- Rivals.com Profile
- Rishaw Johnson kicked off team
- NFL Combine Profile
- Biggs, Brad (September 25, 2012). "Bears look at help for backfield". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved October 30, 2012.
- Alper, Josh (September 24, 2013). "With Jeff Allen hurting, Chiefs promote a guard from practice squad". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- Patra, Kevin (August 21, 2014). "Rishaw Johnson acquired by Buccaneers from Chiefs". NFL.com. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Powell, Nick (November 25, 2014). "Giants sign Cincinnati Bengals practice squad linebacker Terrell Manning to the active roster". NJ.com. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- Jones, Mike (December 23, 2014). "Trent Murphy placed on IR, OL Rishaw Johnson signed". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Keim, John (May 4, 2015). "Redskins cut 13 players, start adding UDFAs". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 4, 2015.