Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is an American 2D-animated television series based on the fictional ninja team the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The series debuted on September 17, 2018 after a sneak preview aired on July 20, 2018. The first 5 episodes of the series were released online the same day. The series was announced by Nickelodeon in a press release on March 2, 2017 and is initially scheduled to run for at least 26 episodes. This re-imagined series has the Turtles go on new adventures as they seek to unlock the mystical secrets of New York City.
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" by Matt Mahaffey|
|Ending theme||"Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||20 (36 segments)|
|Running time||22 minutes (2 11–minute segments)|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
|Distributor||Viacom Media Networks|
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2018-19)|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||July 20, 2018 –|
|Preceded by||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series)|
On July 27, 2018, Nickelodeon renewed the series for a second season consisting of 26 episodes prior to the official debut of the first season.
Deep in the sewers of New York City, Raphael, Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Donatello are four mutant turtle brothers in their teens who go on new adventures where they end up "tapping into mystic ninja powers they never knew existed", while learning to work together as a team and navigate the perils of the modern age and hidden realms in order to fulfill their destiny to become a team of heroes.
- Raphael (voiced by Omar Benson Miller) – An Alligator Snapping Turtle who is the "oldest, biggest, and strongest brother" at 16 years old. He is the leader of the Ninja Turtles team and often behaves in an impulsive manner which often gets the other turtles in trouble. Raph wields two tonfa in battle that can amplify his own strength with red energy. In "Mascot Melee," it is revealed that Raphael is allergic to peanuts and has a weakness for teddy bears. He has a habit of speaking in the third person in battle. Raph has two catchphrases: "Jumpin' Jackflash!" when surprised and "Hot Soup!" as a battle cry.
- Leonardo (voiced by Ben Schwartz) – A Red-Eared Slider who is the "coolest brother", 15 years old like Donnie. He is also known to be called the "trickster", and thinks that his one liners will "fire up the team"; but his actual encouraging charisma showed in "Origami Tsunami". Leo wields an ōdachi sword in battle that can open portals. He enjoys skateboarding and keeps plants in his room. The episode "Minotaur Maze" reveals that Leonardo has an insecure side. In "The Gumbus," it is shown he feels a need to be right.
- Michelangelo (voiced by Brandon Mychal Smith) – A Box Turtle who is the "youngest jokester, prankster brother." In this show, he appears as 13 years old. He is an affectionate and sensitive artist, and is also called the "wild card". Mike wields a kusari-fundo in battle that can become a fire spirit. In "Donnie's Gifts" and "The Longest Fight," it is revealed that Mikey also has a passion for cooking especially for pizza. He is implied to have a fast metabolism, being miserable in his hunger as seen in "Minotaur Maze" and comparatively to the point of extreme anger as seen in "Pizza Pit."
- Donatello (voiced by Josh Brener) – A Spiny Softshell Turtle who is the "genius of the team", who relishes praise from others. He’s 15 years old like Leo. He has a sidekick drone named S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N. along with many battle shells that he makes in order to help him in battle because of his species. He rejects claiming a magical weapon like his brothers, and instead wields a high-tech version of his traditional bō staff in battle that can transform into a multitude of weapons like drills or a rocket powered hammer. In "Mascot Melee", it was revealed Donnie has a crush on a comic book heroine called Atomic Lass. In "Stuck on You," Donnie reveals his computer password is "Bootyyyshaker9000" due to his love of dancing.
- April O'Neil (voiced by Kat Graham) – A human friend of the Ninja Turtles, she has already known them for 5 years prior to when the show started and is like their sister.. April is a fun-loving thrill seeking girl with glasses who is constantly looking for a job to support herself which constantly goes wrong. "Hypno: Part Deux!" shows that despite her bravado, she has a hard time making friends at school and is nervous about high school gatherings. When fighting, she also wields a baseball bat. In "Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree," it is revealed that April knows who Warren Stone is as she was part of a fan club dedicated to him called the Stoneheads.
- Mayhem – An unspecified cat/dog-like creature with short-range teleportation abilities that becomes April's pet. It is an agent that worked against Baron Draxum.
- Splinter (voiced by Eric Bauza) – A mutant gray rat who is the Ninja Turtles' sensei and adoptive father. He is fond of watching the projects of Lou Jitsu, milk, and cake. His training of the turtles manifests in copying and watching Lou Jitsu tapes, which is revealed to be more effective than the brothers expected. In the episodes "The Evil League of Mutants" and "Shadow of Evil," Splinter is revealed to have actually been famous martial artist celebrity Lou Jitsu all along, who is also a descendant of a bloodline dedicating itself in preventing Shredder's return. He acquired a large fanbase during his career, including Draxum (who used his genetic sample to create the Turtles) and some members of the Foot Clan. His use of unconventional weaponry is inspired by Jackie Chan.
- Todd Capybara (voiced by Thurop Van Orman) – A friendly mutant capybara and selfless charitable caretaker of Cuddles Cakes Puppy Rescue on Long Island. In exchange for Todd giving up his RV, Michelangelo and Donatello build a new type of residence for Todd and his rescue puppies. In "Portal Jacked," Todd Capybara has a picture in Run of the Mill Pizza that lists him as a "best customer."
- Señor Hueso (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A skeleton who uses his own left arm for a cane. He is the doorman and manager of the pizza parlor called Run of the Mill Pizza in New York's mystical Undercity. In "Portal Jacked," it is revealed that he is the brother of Capitán Piel. Señor Hueso's name is Spanish for "Mr. Bone."
- Bullhop (voiced by Dave Foley) - Stanley is a Canadian immigrant and bellhop who worked at a hotel that was actually a front for Big Mama's Battle Nexus. When the Oozesquitoes swarmed in the hotel, the Turtles tried to keep Stanley from getting stung only to fail. As a result of his consumption of beef jerky, Stanley is turned into a mutant bull and flees the hotel. After the Turtles try to make up for their mistake, he becomes their friend and develops advanced dancing skills. This character is a homage to Jerry Lewis' role in the movie The Bellboy.
- DIGG - A trio of girl rock musicians longing for their breakthrough. Turned into a mutant burrowing animal by the Oozequitoes, they attempt a misguided scheme to win themselves an attentive debut audience by targeting the different pizzerias. With the Turtles' aid, they finally become an attraction as pizzeria musicians.
- Prairie Dog (voiced by E.G. Daily) - A mutant prairie dog who is the group's lead singer and guitarist.
- Ground Hog (voiced by Betsy Sodaro) - A mutant groundhog who is the group's dig-obsessed drummer.
- Honey Badger (voiced by E.G. Daily) - A mutant honey badger who is the group's secondary guitarist. She is the strongest of the group.
- Sunita (voiced by Kody Kavitha) - A slime Yōkai that can exploded and reassemble at will. She can assume a human form thanks to a special amulet. At the time of meeting April and the Turtles, Sunita was wearing metal boots that turned out to be part of the Kuroi Yoroi leading her to be targeted by the Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Brute.
- Frankenfoot / Buddy (voiced by Rob Paulsen) - A patchwork Origami Ninja put together by Raph as a sparring partner. He becomes a permanent member of the team, even earning a Turtle insignia courtesy of Mikey.
- S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N. (voiced by Greg Cipes) - An A.I. invention that is devoted to its creator Donatello, causing a disgruntled Raphael, Leonardo and Michelangelo to reprogram and thus inadvertently turning it against their brother. Donatello was able to fix it.
- Baron Draxum (voiced by John Cena) – A turquoise-skinned Yōkai warrior and alchemist from the "Hidden City" with maroon hair and faun-like legs, who has the power to augment his own body by crushing pods in his hands. As the self-proclaimed protector of all mutantkind, Baron Draxum seeks to mutate humans into mutants so that he can live up to his title. An incident amidst an earlier attempt to mutate humankind into Yōkai led to the creation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while causing Lou Jitsu's transition into Splinter, attempting to win the former to his side before joining forces with the Foot to reassemble the Kuroi Yoroi and revive Shredder. In "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will," Draxum exploits a loophole in the Foot Clan's rules to becomes its leader through tactics that enable him to gain a shard of the Kuroi Yoroi that Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute failed to acquire.
- Huginn and Muninn (voiced by Timothy Simons & Sam Richardson) – Two small gargoyle-like creatures with retractable wings that are often seen sitting on Baron Draxum's shoulders. Huginn has a frog-like body and a cat-like head and tail while Muninn has a frog-like body and a tapir-like head. Their name and presence as Draxum's constant companions are a play on Odin's ravens Huginn and Muninn.
- Guardsmen (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) – The guards that work for Baron Draxum who are experts at armed combat. They can also ride monstrous dogs.
- Oozesquitos – A swarm of mutant mosquitoes that are often used for Baron Draxum. They store mutagen in them in order to infect anyone they bite which turns them into mutants. The Oozesquitoes are first seen when Baron Draxum tests the mutagen on a delivery guy named Stewart. In the Ninja Turtles first encounter with Baron Draxum, the Ninja Turtles unknowingly unleash the Oozesquitos into New York City. In "Bug Busters", it is revealed that Big Mama uses the Oozesquitos so that they can fight for her entertainment in the Battle Nexus much to the annoyance of Baron Draxum. In addition, he also had a hand in the Ninja Turtles' origins. As Baron Draxum called them his "swarm", Huginn and Muninn stated that the Turtles called them Oozesquitoes which is catchy to them.
- Foot Clan – A ninja clan seeking to resurrect Shredder. They can make origami ninjas out of paper and have the power of teleportation through hidden gateways. In "Shadow of Evil", it is revealed that the Foot Clan uses a shoe store called the Foot Shack as a front for their activities. Most of its members have been fans of the Lou Jitsu films. As of "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will," Baron Draxum took command over the Foot after exploiting a loophole in clan's rulings of leadership.
- Shredder - The original leader of the Foot Clan. He was a man possessed by the demonic Kuroi Yoroi armor that swallowed his soul. Shredder terrorized Japan until he was defeated by Splinter's ancestors with his armor broken into pieces and scattered across the world to prevent his return. The Foot Clan and Baron Draxum are seeking out the fragments of the Kuroi Yoroi to reassemble it and resurrect Shredder.
- Foot Lieutenant (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – A leading officer of the Foot Clan.
- Foot Brute (voiced by Maurice LaMarche) – A buff member of the Foot Clan who works alongside Foot Lieutenant.
- Foot Recruit (voiced by Zelda Williams) - An unnamed female member of the Foot Clan with a hyper-aggressive personality who debuted in "Hot Soup: The Game". In "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will," Foot Recruit assists Baron Draxum in getting a metal from a statue in the botanical gardens so that she can be able to move up.
- Jocelyn (voiced by Cree Summer) - A Foot Initiate who gains the mark of the Foot in "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will." Foot Recruit claimed to Baron Draxum that she got the mark because her parents are "big donors."
- Foot Soldiers - An army of ninjas that are associated with the Foot Clan.
- Origami Ninjas – Ninjas made out of paper that are created by Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute.
- Mutant Silverfish – A bunch of mutant silverfish. If they are attacked, the Mutant Silverfish will split into smaller silverfish that would later aggregate back to its original state.
- Meat Sweats (voiced by Johnny Rotten) – Rupert Swaggart is a former celebrity chef who was turned into a mutant pig upon being stung by an Oozesquito while hitting a failing contestant with a slab of pig meat during his TV show "Kondescending Kitchen." He wears gray gloves to conceal his tendril arms, which he uses to temporary absorb the abilities of any other mutants and wields a meat tenderizer in battle. Meat Sweats habitually makes any mutant he catches into his "meals" to strengthen the "flavor."
- Albearto (voiced by Tom Kenny) – An animatronic brown bear used at children's birthday parties in Albearto's Pizzeria. After a small child short-circuited him, April had Donatello upgrade him where a stage mishap caused Albearto to get electrocuted and come to life. In "Al Be Back," Albearto returns where his head was salvaged by Baxter Stockboy in exchange for the cheat codes for the dance game. While on a car, he places his head on a new Albearto body in front of the birthday kids, gets the manager's hand print for the security scanner, and animates his bear "brothers" from failed franchises to attack Albearto Land where Albearto also animated the Albearto animatronics there. The Ninja Turtles put on a concert that Albearto and his animatronic "brothers" attend which causes them to explode since they couldn't stand the Ninja Turtles' singing.
- Al-Beardo the Pirate (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear pirate with a hook for a right hand, an eyepatch over his right eye, and a left peg leg who is the mascot of a failed Albearto's British- and pirate-themed franchise called "Al-Beardo's Squid and Chips".
- Bayou 'Bearto (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear hillbilly who is the mascot of a failed unnamed, Southern state-themed Albearto franchise.
- Chef Albéar (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear who is the mascot of a failed Albearto's Pizzeria franchise called "La Petite Albear".
- Otto von Bearto (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear who is the mascot of a failed Albearto's Pizzeria franchise called "Otto von Bearto's Best Wurst House."
- Warren Stone (voiced by John Michael Higgins) – A semi-successful and narcissistic news anchor who mutated into a small mutant earthworm with an earthworm tail instead of legs after being stung by an Oozesquito. If cut in half, Warren can regenerate. Since his mutation, he self-declared himself the greatest foe of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles always ignore him. Warren Stone later gains a gauntlet that can shoot beams which he named Charlotte. This was later found to be one piece of the Kuroi Yoroi that was needed to revive Shredder. In "Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree," Warren has become a roommate of Hypno-Potamus and also loses the gauntlet to Baron Draxum so that the Foot Clan can use it in their plot to revive Shredder. Though April does remember who Warren is since she was part of the Stoneheads.
- Hypno-Potamus (voiced by Rhys Darby) – Mezmer-Ron is a successful stage magician and hypnotist who mutated into a hippopotamus after he was stung by an Oozesquito that merged him with his pet hippopotamus Doug. Driven by envy, Hypno-Potamus strives to outachieve any magician with an even greater "trick" than they can produce, and find a way to bring Doug back to life, leading to his clashes with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In "Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree," Hypno-Potatmus has become a roommate of Warren Stone.
- Repo Mantis (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) – The vicious, treacherous, and greedy owner of a salvage yard called Repo Mantis Salvage who was mutated into a purple mutant mantis after being stung by an Oozesquito.
- Ghostbear (voiced by Jorge Gutierrez) – A human wrestling champion who cheats. Raphael was a fan of him until he learned the truth about his fighting techniques.
- Mutant Cockroach Gang - An unnamed group of mutant cockroaches that posed as mascots.
- Atomic Lass (voiced by Grey Griffin) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Atomic Lass.
- Joey the Junkyard Dog (voiced by John DiMaggio) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Joey the Junkyard Dog.
- Robot Vampire (voiced by Grey Griffin) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Robot Vampire.
- Sergeant Woodpecker (voiced by Eric Bauza) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Sergeant Woodpecker.
- Baxter Stockboy (voiced by Ramone Hamilton) - An unpaid stockboy and self-proclaimed "internet celebrity" who is loosely based on Baxter Stockman. He built a robot to pass off as the Gumbus to haunt the supermarket that he worked at. In "Al Be Back," Baxter Stockboy was responsible for helping Albearto get some wheels in exchange for the cheat code on the dance game at Alberto's Pizzeria.
- Mrs. Cuddles (voiced by Eliza Schneider) - A plush rabbit character from the TV series of the same name who comes to life to feeds on fear of her to become bigger and stronger. If someone laughs at her, Mrs. Cuddles loses her size and strength.
- Big Mama (voiced by Lena Headey) – A Jorōgumo who can change between her purple-skinned human form and her humanoid spider form. She is the owner of an extradimensional gladiator arena called the Battle Nexus which is hidden in the secret sub-level of The Grand Nexus Hotel that is owned by her human form. Big Mama uses the Oozesquitos in her possession to mutate anyone into mutants so that they can fight for her entertainment in the Battle Nexus. Her plot has brought her into conflict with Baron Draxum who felt that Big Mama was misusing the Oozesquitos.
- Gus (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - A mutant bulldog that is loyal to Big Mama.
- Fox Bellhop (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A mutant red fox that works as a bellhop at Big Mama's Battle Nexus.
- Otter Bellhop (voiced by Nolan North) - A mutant river otter that works as a bellhop at Big Mama's Battle Nexus.
- Owl Bellhop (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - A mutant owl that works as a bellhop at Big Mama's Battle Nexus.
- Purple Dragons - A trio of snobby, criminal tech club students at April's high school. They are skilled at computer hacking, high-tech theft, and other technology-based abilities.
- Kendra (voiced by Tania Gunadi) - The leader of the Purple Dragons. She has known April since kindergarten.
- Jase (voiced by Eugene Byrd) - Member of the Purple Dragons. He has a fear of dogs.
- Jeremy (voiced by Kyle Massey) - An African-American member of the Purple Dragons. He refers to Kendra as "chief."
- Sando Brothers - Two performance artists who were turned into mutant crabs. They can attack by launching their left claws at their opponents.
- Capitán Piel (voiced by Christian Lanz) - A living skin who is the brother of Señor Hueso and the pirate captain of the S.S. Alexis. His name is Spanish for "Captain Skin."
- Kraken Pirate (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A humanoid Kraken who is a member of Capitán Piel's pirate crew.
- Mermaid Pirate (voiced by Rob Paulsen) - A Mermaid who is a member of Capitán Piel's pirate crew.
- Sea Serpent Pirate (voiced by Maurice LaMarche) - A humanoid sea serpent who is a member of Capitán Piel's pirate crew.
- Makers of Brutality - The Makers of Brutality are a gang of ogres.
- Boss Beverly (voiced by Gillian Vigman) - A one-eyed ogre who is the leader of the Makers of Brutality.
- Ogre Henchmen (voiced by Gillian Vigman) - The unnamed henchmen of Boss Beverly.
- Makers of Barbarianism - The Makers of Barbarianism is a gang of reptilian creatures.
- Stewart (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - Stewart is a food delivery man who accidentally fell into the Hidden City after mistaking a portal opened by the Guardsmen for a shortcut, he was then captured by Baron Draxum who then used an Oozesquito to turn him into a mutant whitefish after which he runs off; his mutation refers to the fact his employers were commiting food fakery, particularly the use of imitation crab in their crab cakes, which he claimed was real crab. In "Bug Busters," Stewart was seen fighting in the Battle Nexus where he engaged an octopus elevator operator in a slap fight.
- Clem (voiced by Eric Bauza) - The owner of a candy shop who can shift between a pink-skinned human form and a magenta mutant goat form. His shop is a front where he sells magical items. To access the magical items, the password one has to say is "wink", although it is easy to get the password, as Clem often accidentally tells it to the customers.
- Trash Wizard (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A man who dresses as a wizard.
- Hidden City Police Officers (voiced by Eric Edelstein and Audrey Wasilewski) - The unnamed members of the Hidden City Police Department.
- Exploding Frankie (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A slime Yōkai that can explode and reassemble at will. He is the father of Sunita and works as a birthday entertainer at Run of the Mill Pizza.
- Stinkbomb (voiced by James Adomian) - Harold is the leader of the property caretakers of a botanical gardens who led his fellow caretakers in fighting the Foot Clan when they trespassed. After he saw that the corpse flower named Jewell was sliced, he rushed in and got it out in order to save it. To further his goals, Baron Draxum sent his Oozesquitoes who mutated Harold into a mutant corpse flower that started attacking both sides in order to get them off the grass.
- Bat Librarian (voiced by Gillian Vigman) - A four-armed bat-like creature who works at the Undercity's library.
- Hush-Bats - A swarm of bats who work for the Bat Libarians. They will carry off anyone who makes a sound and place them in the kiddie room.
- Piebald (voiced by Chelsea Peretti) - A goldfish that is owned by Splinter. After she was accidentally flushed by Leonardo. After traversing through the sewers and nearly being eaten by Trash Wizard, Piebald swallowed an Oozesquito and mutated. She traveled to the lair and started picking off the Turtles and Splinter one by one. It was later revealed that Piebald secretly reunited with Splinter where they came up with a plan to frighten the Turtles for their actions.
On March 2, 2017, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was announced as a new re-imagining of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. Cyma Zarghami, president of the Nickelodeon Group, stated in a press release:
"The Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA, which keeps it fresh and relevant to every new generation while satisfying the demand from its adult fans. 'Turtles' has been an incredibly important franchise for us since we reignited it five years ago, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore."
The series logotype was revealed to public in mid-October 2017. On November 2, 2017, Nickelodeon announced the official voice actor cast for the main characters on the turtles' side. In addition to these news, voice actor Rob Paulsen, who previously voiced Raphael in the 1987–1996 TV series as well as Donatello in the 2012–2017 TV series, will now serve as the voice director for this TV series. John Cena was later cast as the villain Baron Draxum. Besides voice directing, Rob Paulsen will also be providing voice work alongside fellow voice actor Maurice LaMarche.
On February 1, 2018, major main-characters art designs were announced and revealed by Nickelodeon. This occurred during a Facebook event, which was broadcast live that day. On March 23, 2018, the first trailer for the series was released by Nickelodeon. In mid-May 2018, it was announced that each episode will consist of two 11-minute carts. Each of them will tell self-contained, standalone stories with hints of a larger plot. On June 26, 2018, the series intro theme song was released by Nickelodeon. On July 20, 2018, the show aired as a sneak peek after the 2018 Kids' Choice Sports Awards. On September 17, 2018, the show premiered on Nickelodeon.
Season 1 (2018–19)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboard by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||1||"Mystic Mayhem"||Brendan Clogher & Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch, Russ Carney,|
Ron Corcillo, & Jesse Gordon (Additional Writing By: Brandon Auman & Brian Swenlin)
|Julia Braid & Kevin Molina-Ortiz||July 20, 2018||101||0.60|
The Turtles discover that they are not the only weirdest things in New York when they encounter two villains from the Hidden City pursuing a dog-like agent. They have their first encounter with Baron Draxum, who is making mutants with the help of his Oozesquitos.Note: This is a first half-hour special to air.
|2a||2a||"Origami Tsunami"||Jamie Vickers||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christopher Luc||September 25, 2018||102a||1.19|
|Longing for the excitements of hero life, Leo talks the team into tracking down the paper thief duo currently stalking the city. In doing so, the Turtles run into the Foot Clan, who use their mystic ability to create origami warriors from the stolen paper.|
|2b||2b||"Donnie's Gifts"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Jessica Zammit||September 17, 2018||102b||0.65|
|Donnie creates new gear for his brothers in order for them to overcome their bad habits. However, the gear only becomes a nuisance as they fight mutated chef dubbed Meat Sweats, who plans to cook the turtles in order to gain their powers.|
|3a||3a||"War and Pizza"||Brendan Clogher||Ian Busch||Julia Braid||September 17, 2018||103a||0.65|
|In order to save April's job as a party captain at Albearto's Pizzeria, Donnie upgrades the main animatronic of Albearto, only for it to go out of control.|
|3b||3b||"Newsworthy"||Sebastian Montes||Jesse Gordon||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||September 27, 2018||103b||0.98|
|To prove himself as the greatest enemy of the Turtles, former news anchor-turned-mutant earthworm Warren Stone gets in the way of the Turtles as they track down Hypno-Potamus, who is abducting the animal partners of other magicians.|
|4a||4a||"Repo Mantis"||Jamie Vickers||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christopher Luc||September 20, 2018||104a||1.02|
|Mikey and Donnie try to get a Jupiter Jim moon buggy vehicle from a repo yard, where they run afoul of its owner Repo Mantis. In exchange for the prop vehicle, Mikey and Donnie are hired as repo men and are sent to repossess an RV on Long Island. However, the deal deteriorates when they meet the RV's possessor, a kind mutant named Todd Capybara, and his puppies.|
|4b||4b||"Down With the Sickness"||Jamie Vickers||Jesse Gordon||Christina "Kiki" Manrique||September 18, 2018||104b||0.97|
|Splinter has come down with the rat flu, and the Turtles must deal with its 7 different stages involving fever, "Wild Rat Man", "Captain Cuddle Cakes", "Ninja Supreme", karaoke love songs, and fan fiction. The Turtles hope that Splinter will make to the final stage called "Must Say Yes" so that they can ask him for whatever they want.|
|5a||5a||"The Fast and the Furriest"||Brendan Clogher||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christine Liu||September 24, 2018||105a||0.90|
|When Donnie's newly-built Turtle Tank goes missing, he and the Turtles must find it. While going after some usual suspects, they are unaware that the Turtle Tank was taken by Splinter, who is additionally invited to "dinner" with Meat Sweats.|
|5b||5b||"Mascot Melee"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||JJ Conway||September 26, 2018||105b||0.92|
|While looking for a new robe for Splinter, the Turtles traverse through Times Square, where they fight the mascots lurking there who get jealous of Raphael's "Turtlepotamus" meme. When they take the money that Raphael has made, the other Turtles suit up and take action against the mascot - until they discover the true identity of the mascots as mutant cockroaches.|
|6a||6a||"Shell in a Cell"||Sebastian Montes||Dale Malinowski||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||September 19, 2018||106a||0.83|
|Leo unseats Raph's wrestling idol Ghostbear from his title as the champion of the world after accidentally falling on him from the rafters. Raph soon becomes irked by Leo's cockiness and decides to wrestle him himself. When Ghostbear joins the fight, Raph learns that Ghostbear doesn't play by the rules.|
|6b||6b||"Minotaur Maze"||Brendan Clogher||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||October 6, 2018||106b||1.02|
|After the Turtles stumble across a pizza restaurant called Run of the Mill Pizza in the mystical Undercity while following a Fire Yōkai, Leonardo drags his brothers into a pizza-shaped Maze of Death to obtain the ultimate prize....a free helping to the titular parlor's "world's greatest pizza". But in order to claim it, they will have to contend with the pizza's guardian in the form of the Minotaur who is the maze's assistant manager.|
|7||7||"Bug Busters"||Abe Audish, Brendan Clogher, & Jamie Vickers||Ian Busch, Russ Carney, Ron Corcillo, & Jesse Gordon||Julia Braid & Christopher Luc||November 17, 2018||107||0.95|
The Turtles look for a way to eliminate New York City's Oozesquito problem before more mutants are made. This plot brings them into conflict with Big Mama in her plot to make mutants to fight for her entertainment in the Battle Nexus, which is soon joined by Baron Draxum.Note: This is a second half-hour special to air.
|8a||8a||"The Longest Fight"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||Brandon McKinney & Shawna Mills||October 6, 2018||108a||1.02|
|The Turtles have a hard time watching their skateboarding idol Sydney Allen on the "Extreme Skateboarding Finals" and stopping a burglary at Gilbert's Department Store conducted by the Foot Clan at the same time.|
|8b||8b||"Hypno! Part Deux!"||Jamie Vickers||Jesse Gordon||Christina "Kiki" Manrique||November 3, 2018||108b||0.99|
|Hypno-Potamus returns and causes havoc at April's homecoming dance by hypnotizing the attendees.|
|9a||9a||"The Gumbus"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||October 13, 2018||109a||1.09|
|Leo, Mikey and April investigate a mysterious specter haunting a themed supermarket called Stock 'n Shop, which leads to their encounter with Baxter Stockboy.|
|9b||9b||"Mrs. Cuddles"||Abe Audish & Jamie Vickers||Ian Busch||Christina "Kiki" Manrique||October 20, 2018||109b||0.94|
|April and the brothers make Raph face his greatest fear: an adorable kids' TV show rabbit named Mrs. Cuddles. However, things aren't so funny anymore when Mrs. Cuddles suddenly comes to life and begins hunting the Turtle family to feed on their fears.|
|10a||10a||"Stuck on You"||Brendan Clogher||Jesse Gordon||Julia Braid||November 10, 2018||110a||1.20|
|After an unfortunate glue accident, the Turtles have to fight a whole host of villains like the Mutant Silverfish, the Foot Clan, Hypno-Potamus, and Warren Stone while literally being stuck together.|
|10b||10b||"Al Be Back"||Brendan Clogher||F.M. De Marco||Christine Liu||December 1, 2018||110b||0.95|
|The Turtles plan their first public musical gig at Albearto Land. When it happens, it gets crashed by Albearto and his army of animatronic bears from failed Albearto's fastfood franchises.|
|11a||11a||"The Purple Jacket"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Chris Luc||January 26, 2019||111a||0.99|
|During a visit in April's school, Donatello becomes enamored with an exclusive tech club, the Purple Dragons, and joins them on the spot. However, when the Dragons abuse his tech for criminal purposes, Donatello is forced to choose between stopping the crooks and losing his treasured purple membership jacket.|
|11b||11b||"Pizza Pit"||Sebastian Montes||Brian Posehn||Gladyfaith Abcede & Kai Jiang||February 2, 2019||111b||0.55|
|DIGG, a trio of unsuccessful girl musicians mutated into burrowing animals, begin sinking the Turtles' favorite pizza places into the ground, prompting the Turtles to go after them before they have no place left to get their favorite food.|
|12a||12a||"Smart Lair"||Brendan Clogher||Ian Busch||Christine Liu||February 9, 2019||112a||0.99|
|To ease their household chores, Donatello invents a new artificial intelligence, S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N., who begins to see exclusively to his creator's needs. Disgruntled, Raphael, Michelangelo and Leonardo choose to rewire the robot, which leads to near-fatal consequences for their brother.|
|12b||12b||"Hot Soup: The Game"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Alicia Chan & Christina "Kiki" Manrique||February 16, 2019||112b||0.84|
Mikey goes on a solo mission to retrieve a classic video game based on Lou Jitsu's film Hot Soup. Incidentally, however, he will have to contend with the Foot Clan's new recruit who is on a very similar mission at the very same auction house.Note: Ice Cream Kitty from the previous series makes a cameo as a statue.
|13||13||"The Evil League of Mutants"||Sebastian Montes||Jesse Gordon||Julia Braid, Kai Jiang, & Kevin Molina-Ortiz||January 19, 2019||113||0.77|
The Turtles end up facing a new and dangerous threat in their beloved city as Baron Draxum, Huginn, and Muninn gather some of their toughest mutant enemies like Meat Sweats, Hypno-Potamus, Warren Stone, Repo Mantis, and the Sando Brothers in a plot to destroy them.Note: This is a third half-hour special to air.
|14a||14a||"Late Fee"||Abe Audish||Dale Malinowski||Chris Luc||February 23, 2019||114a||0.79|
|The simple task of returning a single DVD just before its loan period runs out is complicated by endless craziness in New York, including an encounter with Ghostbear.|
|14b||14b||"Bullhop"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Gladyfaith Abcede & Max Collins||March 2, 2019||114b||0.86|
|Things go sour when the Turtles try to help a down-and-out mutant in the form of the bellhop-turned-mutant bull from "Bug Busters" while at the same time planning a raid to obtain more of Big Mama's web goo. Bullhop eagerly decides to help his benefactors out.|
|15a||15a||"Mind Meld"||Abe Audish||Jesse Gordon||Chris Luc||March 9, 2019||115a||0.68|
|Frustrated by his brothers' childishness during an important mission, Donatello enhances their intelligence. However, things get quickly out of hand when they begin displaying Donatello's personality traits as well.|
|15b||15b||"Nothing But Truffle"||Alan Wan||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christine Liu||March 16, 2019||115b||0.81|
|When Michelangelo and Todd Capybara spy on Meat Sweats in order to learn his most delicious recipe, the Turtle and the mutant chef become BFFs after Meat Sweats accidentally absorbs Todd's niceness. The two of them go on a look for the extremely rare lunar truffle that only grows when the Moon is in alignment with Jupiter, and face its Were-Tree guardian.|
|16||16||"Shadow of Evil"||JJ Conway and Alan Wan||Ian Busch||Julia Braid, JJ Conway, and Kevin Molina-Ortiz||April 20, 2019||116||0.61|
As the Turtles try to find pieces of a strange metal Baron Draxum is looking for, Splinter intents to get to the bottom of odd goings-on at April's new job at the Foot Shack. He soon learns that the Foot plan to resurrect their ancient master the Shredder by reassembling the Kuroi Yoroi armor. As the parties clash, the secrets of Splinter's past finally come to light.Note: This is a fourth half-hour special to air.
|17a||17a||"Portal Jacked!"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Max Collins & Zane Yarbrough||April 6, 2019||117a||0.65|
|Leo loses his brothers in a portal and must venture to the mystic Hidden City to save them while dragging Señor Hueso along for the ride. He suspects that they are on the pirate ship run by Señor Hueso's brother Capitán Piel.|
|17b||17b||"Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree"||JJ Conway||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||June 1, 2019||117b||0.68|
|Baron Draxum, Huginn, and Muninn want the gauntlet that Warren Stone has since it's part of the Kuroi Yoroi armor, but he's not giving it up without a fight and a side of betrayal. As the Turtles get involved with Warren's roommate Hypno-Potamus being threatened, April remembers who Warren Stone is as she was part of a fan club dedidicated to him called the Stoneheads.|
|18a||18a||"Operation: Normal"||Alan Wan||Laura Sreebny||Julia Braid||June 8, 2019||118a||0.74|
|Leo and Donnie try desperately to help April enjoy a quiet day with a new friend named Sunita. They learn that she is a slime Yōkai who uses a special amulet to turn into a human. They soon get targeted by the Foot Clan since the boots that Sunita's human form is wearing are part of the Kuroi Yoroi.|
|18b||18b||"Sparring Partner"||Abe Audish||Ian Busch||Alicia Chan||April 13, 2019||118b||0.71|
|Raph becomes friends with a new sparring partner in the form of Frankenfoot and must keep it secret from his brothers, who don't like the guy. When Frankenfoot is driven from the lair, this gives the Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Recruit the opportunity to take it into the Foot Clan.|
|19a||19a||"You Got Served"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||Max Collins & Polyna Kim||June 15, 2019||119a||0.54|
|Señor Hueso has just remembered that an ogre gang called the Makers of Brutality and a reptilian gang called the Makers of Barbarianism have book reservations at Run of the Mill Pizza. While helping Señor Hueso at Run of the Mill Pizza since his employees have fled, Leo and Mikey get sidetracked by brotherly competition. They must overcome this to keep the peace while trying not to wreck Run of the Mill Pizza.|
|19b||19b||"How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christopher Luc||June 22, 2019||119b||0.49|
|Baron Draxum struggles to move up the ladder in the Foot Clan while Foot Recruit was displeased that she hasn't gotten her mark yet. Upon finding a loophole where a Foot Clan member who can outdo an acting leader can assume this position, Baron Draxum leads the Foot Recruit into organizing a blunder for the Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Brute when the next Kuroi Yoroi fragment is at the botanical gardens. Meanwhile, the Turtles hold a contest to see who can withstand the smell of the corpse flower at the same botanical gardens.|
|20a||20a||"Mystic Library"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||June 29, 2019||120a||0.52|
|The Turtles plumb the depths of a mysterious hidden library in search of a way to rescue Mayhem from within April's mirror. While trying to be quiet, they must also evade not having a sound heard by the Bat Librarian's Hush-Bats and contend with the Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute.|
|20b||20b||"The Purple Game"||Alan Wan||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||July 6, 2019||120b||0.61|
|When a competitive new video game sweeps New York, Donnie will do anything to reach rank No. 1. Donnie is unaware, however, that the video game was created by the Purple Dragons as a way of getting revenge on him.|
|21a||21a||"Flushed, But Never Forgotten"||Alan Wan||Dale Malinowski||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||October 12, 2019 (Nicktoons)|
October 13, 2019 (Nickelodeon)
|The Turtles have a secret that comes back to haunt them in the form of Splinter's pet goldfish Piebald who they accidentally flushed and mutated after eating an Oozesquito.|
|21b||21b||"Lair Games"||JJ Conway||Jesse Gordon||Sheldon Vella||October 12, 2019 (Nicktoons)|
October 13, 2019 (Nickelodeon)
|April presents her award winning documentary about the Turtles’ annual event: The Lair Olympics. With Splinter as the referee, the Turtles compete in different Lair Olympic games.|
|22a||22a||"Man vs. Sewer"||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 19, 2019||121a||TBD|
|The TMNT's lazy river ride through the sewers turns savage when Raph is accidentally separated and left alone.|
|22b||22b||"The Mutant Menace"||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 19, 2019||121b||TBD|
|The Turtles' failed attempts to do good deeds turn all of New York against them.|
|23a||23a||"Turtle-dega Nights: The Ballad of Rat Man"||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 26, 2019||122a||TBD|
|23b||23b||"The Ancient Art of Ninja Hide and Seek"||TBA||TBA||TBA||October 26, 2019||122b||TBD|
The series premiered on Nickelodeon in the United States on September 17, 2018. By that time, the series had already premiered as a sneak preview on YTV in Canada on July 27 the same year and was premiered officially on September 21 that year. In the UK, the show airs on Nicktoons and Channel 5. Episodes have also sometimes aired on both channels at the same time for terrestrial rights.
In April 2018, it was announced that IDW would publish a comic book based on the series, beginning in July 2018. The comics concluded with an introductionary issue (#0), a five-issue main story and a Halloween Comicfest special.
On February 16, 2018, the first toys based on the series were presented during the New York City Toy Fair. The first Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys are expected to be released on October 1, 2018, but are starting to leak out on store shelves on September 20, 2018.
In August 2018, the American fast food chain Sonic Drive-In released a set of kids meal toys based on the series, which were available in their Wacky Pack meals.
During the months leading up to the series' launch, Viacom and Nintendo collaborated to market Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles via a special limited-time online multiplayer event for the 2017 video game Splatoon 2, in which Inklings can participate in a Splatfest tournament, battling over which of the four brothers is the best. Donatello won overall, beating Mikey in the first round, and Raphael (who had in turn beat Leonardo) in the finals.
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||1||7||March 12, 2019|
|This release contained seven episodes from the first season, "Mystic Mayhem", "Donnie's Gifts", "War and Pizza", "Shell in a Cell", "Origami Tsunami", "Mascot Melee" and "Minotaur Maze".|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2019||Annie Awards||Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production For Children||Nominated|||
|Outstanding Achievement for Animated Effects in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production||Jeffrey Lai||Nominated|
|Outstanding Achievement for Storyboarding in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||Won|
|Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards||Favorite Cartoon||Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Nominated|||
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Children's Animated Series||Nominated|
- Justin Wren (January 1, 2018). "Rob Paulsen Reveals Release Date for Rise of the TMNT". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- "Nickelodeon Reimagines the Iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in All-New Animated Series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Business Wire. Nickelodeon Group. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- Petski, Denise. "'Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles': Ben Schwartz, Kat Graham Among Voice Cast". Deadline. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (July 27, 2018). "'Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Among Five Series Renewed By Nickelodeon – TCA". Deadline. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
- "Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice cast announced". Super Hero Hype. November 2, 2017. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Justin Wren (November 2, 2017). "Information About Rise of the TMNT Reveals Raph is the New Leader". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- Matthew Mueller (February 1, 2018). "First Look at Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Revealed". Comicbook. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Newerbot (February 1, 2018). "First Look at Nickelodeon's 'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'". Big Shiny Robots. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Justin Carter (February 1, 2018). "Ninja Turtles Get a Major Makeover in First Rise of the TMNT Image". CBR. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- David Lewman. "First page of Junior Novel Ninja Power".
- Justin Wren (February 6, 2018). "0 Shellraising Details About Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- James Whitbrook (February 2, 2018). "Here are the New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as Well As The African American April O'Neil". Kotaku. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Suriano, Andy [@wolfboy74] (January 22, 2019). ""Watching it I got MAJOR Jackie Chan vibes, because he's known for using everyday objects as weapons in his movies! I wonder if they were inspired too? :0" 👍" (Tweet). Retrieved March 10, 2019 – via Twitter.
- "John Cena Joins Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Newsarama. January 11, 2018. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Kimberly Nordyke (January 11, 2018). "John Cena to Voice 'Ninja Turtles' Character, Produce Competition Series for Nickelodeon". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Spencer Perry (March 6, 2018). "Meet Baron Draxum, John Cena's Villain from Rise of the TMNT". Coming Soon. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer
- Jon Bowman (March 7, 2018). "First Look at John Cena's Baron Draxum". Gameinformer. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "New York Toy Fair: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Figures Debut From Playmates". BleedingCool. February 20, 2018. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- Jamie Lang (June 13, 2018). "Nickelodeon's 'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Gets Annecy First Look". Variety. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Justin Wren (October 16, 2017). "First Look at Rise of the TMNT Logo from BLE 2017". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Justin Wren (January 12, 2018). "John Cena will voice new villain in Rise of the TMNT". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- Nick Alive 30 December 2017 – Voice Acting Legend Rob Paulsen Talks About Moving Into Directing for 'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Dan Snierson (February 1, 2018). "Meet the first African-American April in Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles first look". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- Justin Wren (February 1, 2018). "Rise of the TMNT Character Art Officially Revealed". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Josh Weiss (March 23, 2018). "Cowabunga, Watch the first Trailer for Nick's Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Syfy Wyre. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "Nickelodeon To Premiere 'Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' During Mid-September 2018; To Launch 'Rise Of The TMNT' Toy Line In The Run Up To Christmas". Nickelodeon. May 13, 2018. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Mike Cecchini (June 26, 2018). "Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Show Opener Revealed". Den of Geek. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "SDCC: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets a New Trailer". CBR. July 19, 2018. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Weiss, Josh (July 27, 2018). "TCA 2018: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles renewed for Season 2 before series premiere in the fall". Syfy. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Dan Gehen (April 10, 2018). "New Comic Series Based on Rise of the TMNT". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Dave Trumbore (February 16, 2018). "'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Toyline Unveiled Ahead of Toy Fair". Collider. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Master Splinter (February 18, 2018). "Rise of the TMNT Figures Release Date Announced". White Foot Soldier. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Hall, Charlie (April 26, 2018). "Splatoon 2's new Splatfest is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed". Polygon. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "A tournament-style Splatfest is coming". Splatoon 2 Official Website. Nintendo. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- Erik Pedersen (February 2, 2019). "Annie Awards: 'Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse' Snares Best Animated Feature & Six Others – Winners List". Deadline.
- Kimberly Nordyke (March 23, 2019). "Kids' Choice Awards: Full List of Winners List". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Vlessing, Etan (February 5, 2019). "Nickelodeon to Make 'Loud House,' 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Animated Movies for Netflix". The Hollywood Reporter.