The cabinet of Antti Rinne is the 75th government of Finland. It was formed following the parliamentary election of 2019 and was formally appointed by President Sauli Niinistö on 6 June 2019. The cabinet consists of a coalition formed by the Social Democratic Party, the Centre Party, the Green League, the Left Alliance, and the Swedish People's Party. The cabinet's Prime Minister is Antti Rinne.
75th cabinet of Finland
|Date formed||6 June 2019|
|People and organisations|
|Head of state||Sauli Niinistö|
|Head of government||Antti Rinne|
|No. of ministers||19|
|Member parties||Social Democratic Party|
Swedish People's Party
|Election(s)||2019 parliamentary election|
|Incoming formation||Social Democratic Party|
Swedish People's Party
At the start of its tenure, there will be a total of 19 ministers in Rinne's cabinet: seven ministers from the Social Democratic Party, five ministers from the Centre Party, three from the Green League, and two each from the Left Alliance and Swedish People's Party.
The constitution requires ministers to be "honest and competent". The nomination of Antti Kaikkonen drew considerable controversy due to his previous conviction from political corruption. Historically, the interpretation of the "honest and competent" clause has been permissive: the most salient example would be Aarre Simonen, who was also successfully appointed in 1966 despite his conviction in 1961, also from corruption. Rinne had the question checked with the Chancellor of Justice and Kaikkonen was cleared to proceed. The motivation was that there had already been two elections in between where Kaikkonen had been re-elected, and Kaikkonen had been law-abiding since.
- "Government of Prime Minister Rinne appointed". Valtioneuvosto.
- "Finland's new government: SDP, Centre dominate ministerial portfolios". yle. 3 June 2019. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- "Oikeuskansleri totesi Kaikkosen esteettömäksi puolustusministeriksi – vanhaa rikosta seurannut nuhteettomuus ja äänestäjien luottamus arviointikriteereinä". Yle Uutiset.
- "Ministers". Valtioneuvosto. Retrieved 2019-06-06.
- "Katri Kulmunista pääministerin ensimmäinen sijainen". Valtioneuvosto. Retrieved 2019-09-12.
Juha Sipilä's cabinet
| Antti Rinne's cabinet
6 June 2019 —