Richard Arnold (presenter)
Richard Andrew Arnold (born 24 November 1969) is an English television presenter, currently working as a freelance journalist and he is the Entertainment Editor for ITV's breakfast show Good Morning Britain.
Richard Andrew Arnold|
24 November 1969
Andover, Hampshire, England, UK
The Richard Arnold Show
Strictly Come Dancing
Good Morning Britain
Arnold was born in Andover, Hampshire. He grew up in Charlton, Andover and Inverurie, Aberdeenshire and went to Portway Junior School in Andover. Later, he attended the University of Edinburgh, gaining an MA in English Language and Literature. He then studied journalism at City University London, and then worked for Inside Soap magazine until 1995.
Arnold's first television work was on The Sunday Show for the BBC. In 1997, he became the TV critic for GMTV, returning for a longer period in 2000. From 2000-2010, Arnold appeared daily on GMTV, on GMTV Today and LK Today.
During the summer of 2007 and 2008, Arnold hosted his own show, The Richard Arnold Show. In 2009, he was appointed UK Entertainment reporter on Australian breakfast show Sunrise on the Seven Network.
On 11 June 2012, Arnold became the Showbiz Editor for ITV Breakfast programme Daybreak until the show was axed on 25 April 2014. On 28 April 2014, Arnold became Entertainment Editor for ITV's breakfast show, Good Morning Britain.
He has appeared on a celebrity version of Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old? on Sky 1. He has also been on The Paul O'Grady Show, Stars in Their Eyes and Stephen Mulhern's celebrity hijacking show Anonymous.
In 2010, Arnold took part in Let's Dance for Comic Relief with Kate Garraway, and advanced to the final of 2010's Let's Dance for Comic Relief, In 2011, he returned to Let's Dance for Sport Relief, once again and was partnered with Penny Smith, and performed Toxic by Britney Spears.
Arnold took part in the first series of Celebrity MasterChef in 2006 and the second series of 71 Degrees North in 2011. In 2014, he participated in the Text Santa special of Tipping Point. In December 2015, he took part in a celebrity episode of The Chase. He participated in Celebrity Haunted Hotel Live in October 2016.
Strictly Come DancingEdit
|Week #||Dance/Song||Judges' scores||Result|
|Craig Revel Horwood||Darcey Bussell||Len Goodman||Bruno Tonioli||Total|
|1||Waltz / "You Don't Bring Me Flowers"||5||5||7||5||22||Safe|
|2||Cha-Cha-Cha / "Love Shack"||3||6||5||5||19||Bottom two|
|3||Quickstep / "9 to 5"||6||7||6||6||25||Safe|
|4||Paso Doble / "O Fortuna"||5||5||7||5||22||Safe|
|5||Foxtrot / "Big Spender"||3||5||5||4||17||Bottom two|
|6||Charleston / "Pencil Full of Lead"||7||8||7||7||29||Safe|
|7||Salsa / "Club Tropicana"||5||6||7||6||24||Eliminated|
He has also acted as a presenter on LBC Radio, hosting the show Saturday Night Live.
Away from the screen, Arnold writes a weekly column for Hello magazine and Woman's Own magazine. He is also a regular guest columnist for The People and The Sun newspapers and has been an established print journalist for nearly 20 years, beginning his career as a member of the launch team of Inside Soap magazine before leaving in 1995 to freelance career. He has regularly contributed to numerous titles, including the Daily Express and Daily Mail newspapers, plus Closer and TV Choice magazines.
- "More about Richard Arnold", LBC, retrieved 2011-05-21
- "Piers Morgan isn't happy after being dissed on Corrie". Digital Spy. 2018-01-15. Retrieved 2018-01-18.
- "findmypast.co.uk". search.FindMyPast.co.uk. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Strictly Stars at School". portwayjunior.co.uk. 2011. Archived from the original on 19 May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Carla Romano and Richard Arnold are latest stars to leave GMTV", Daily Record, 20 July 2010, retrieved 2011-05-21
- Rich Arnold is back as Daybreak's new showbiz editor The Sun, 12 May 2012
- "Kate Garraway and Richard Arnold jive their way through to the final in week two of Let's Dance For Sport Relief". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "The Chase: Celebrity Special". "ITV Press Centre".
- "Celebrity Haunted Hotel live sounds frightfully good". DigitalSpy.com. 24 October 2016. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Richard Arnold out as Strictly steps up pressure on X Factor", The Scotsman, 19 November 2012. Accessed 19 November 2012
- "Richard Arnold's Secrets of the Small Screen (Hello)". jackiecollins.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Woman's Own columnist Richard Arnold's backstage gossip". jackiecollins.com. Retrieved 20 November 2012.