Richard Abels FRHistS (born 1951) is professor emeritus of history at the United States Naval Academy. Abels is a specialist in the military and political institutions of Anglo-Saxon England. He was Elected Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (elected 1990).
- Alfred the Great: War, Kingship and Culture in Anglo-Saxon England. London: Longman, 1998.
- Æthelred the Unready: The Failed King. Penguin Monarchs Series, Penguin U.K., 2018.
- Lordship and Military Obligation in Anglo-Saxon England. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California, 1988.
- The Normans and their Adversaries: Essays in Memory of C. Warren Hollister. Co-edited with Bernard Bachrach. Woodbridge, Suffolk: Boydell and Brewer, 2001.
- "Chivalry is a Medical Ethos that has evolved over time". nytimes.com. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- Prof. Richard Abels. United States Naval Academy. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "Richard Abels". ias.edu. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|