|Women's table tennis|
|Representing North Korea|
|1987 New Delhi||Doubles|
|Representing Unified Korea|
|1991 Chiba City||Team|
|1991 Chiba City||Singles|
|1991 Chiba City||Mixed doubles|
|Revised Romanization||I Bun-hui|
Table tennis careerEdit
Her next medals came in the singles at the 1989 and 1991 and also in 1991 she won a mixed doubles bronze with Kim Song-hui and a gold medal in the team event with Hong Cha-ok, Hyun Jung-hwa and Yu Sun-bok in a unified Korean team. Her final medal was a silver in 1993 in the team event.
She is married to Kim Song-hui, also a former table tennis player who represented North Korea, and has a son. Her name is also frequently written in English as Li Bun-hui.
In popular cultureEdit
The story of the Unified Korean team in the 1991 World Championships and its victory over the Chinese in the women's team event is told by the movie As One starring actress Bae Doo-na as Li Bun-hui.
- "Korean women called flowers of nation". Korean Central News Agency. Pyongyang. 30 July 1998.
- "Profile". Table Tennis Guide.
- "Table Tennis World Championship medal winners". Sports123.
- "List of Winners". All About Table Tennis.
- "Women's doubles results" (PDF). International Table Tennis Federation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-12.
- "Women's singles results" (PDF). International Table Tennis Federation. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-12.
- Montague, Trevor (2004). A-Z of Sport, pages 699-700. The Bath Press. ISBN 0-316-72645-1.
- "CJ ENTERTAINMENT Goes for the Gold with "AS ONE"". Hancinema. 24 May 2012.