This article does not cite any sources. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Revelation Films is a British film and television production and distribution company delivering visual entertainment via cinema, television and digital platforms.
|Privately held company|
Tony Carne founded Revelation Films in 1992 as a video and television production business following a career at CBS/Fox, Harper Collins and Simitar Entertainment. Initially a production entity, the company earned two BAFTA nominations for the BBC with Out And About, a regional magazine series. It also discovered a raw drag comedian called Paul O’Grady and introduced UK audiences to his alter ego Lily Savage. A national theatre tour followed and the TV show Paying The Rent was broadcast by Channel 4 and the Paramount Comedy Channel. Trevor Drane joined Carne in 1996 having previously been at First Independent Films where he collected a lifetime achievement award for Dirty Dancing and the Freddie Award at Hanna Barbera during his time as head of that companies home entertainment output.
Revelation Films is currently specialising in documentary programming alongside true-crime author and former Essex Boys gang member, Bernard O'Mahoney.
Recent roster includesEdit
- British Gangsters: Faces Of The Underworld - Based on the book Faces: A Photographic Journey Through The Underworld by Bernard O'Mahoney and Brian Anderson. Ran for two series on Discovery's Quest channel.
- Essex Boys: The Truth - Documentary feature chronicling the Rettendon murders, the aftermath and the emergence of the new generation of Essex Boys.
- The Krays: Kill Order - Documentary feature about the life and crimes of the Kray twins, told by their closest allies and bitter rivals.
- Gangster No.1: The Freddie Foreman Story - Documentary feature in which Foreman talks about his life and how he became one of the most feared men in London.
- The Feared: Irish Gangsters - Documentary feature about the undercurrent of violent and organised crime across Ireland.
Other productions includeEdit
Since 1992, Revelation Films has licensed and distributed television and film on DVD and Blu-ray. It has made distribution deals with the BBC, Channel 4, ITV, CBS Home Entertainment, DHX Media, Discovery Communications, Freemantle Media, FUNimation, Kew Media (formerly Content Media), MTV and 20th Century Fox.
- Boss N Up (Snoop Dogg)
- Conversations With Other Women (Helena Bonham Carter)
- El Cantante (Jennifer Lopez)
- Stuart A Life Backwards (Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy)