The Reut Institute was established in January 2004 by Gidi Grinstein and a team of founders.
In February 2016, the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, the Anti-Defamation League (DAL) and the Reut institute announced a joint initiative to fight back against Israel's delegitimization.
The goal of the Reut Institute is to «identify the gaps in current policy and strategy in Israel and the Jewish world, and work to build and implement new visions.» Reut describes itself as a strategy group that supplies its services pro bono to Israeli government decision-makers.
Israel 15 Vision is a model developed by Reut to close social and economic gaps through programs focusing on different aspects of the Israeli society, from historical sites to innovative technologies.
In the USA, the Reut Institue is backed up by the organization the American Friends of the Reut Institute.
- "ADL and Reut Institute Forge New Joint Initiative to Battle BDS and the Delegitimization of Israel". Adl.org. 26 February 2016.
- Doron Halutz (19 April 2015). "The Man Who Believes There's Never Been a Better Time to Be Jewish". Haaretz.com. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "About Reut". Reut Institute. Retrieved 31 March 2011.
- Lidar Grave-Lazi (21 September 2014). "Reut Institute conference looks to Israel's future". Jpost.com. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "American Friends of the Reut Institute". Milsteinff.org. Retrieved 4 June 2018.