Resurrection (1980 film)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Resurrection is a 1980 American drama film about a woman who survives the car accident that kills her husband, but discovers that she has the power to heal other people. She becomes an unwitting celebrity, the hope of those in desperate need of healing, and a lightning rod for religious beliefs and skeptics. The film stars Ellen Burstyn, Sam Shepard, Richard Farnsworth, Roberts Blossom and Eva Le Gallienne.
Promotional poster for Resurrection
|Directed by||Daniel Petrie|
|Produced by||Renee Missel and Howard Rosenman|
|Written by||Lewis John Carlino|
Eva Le Gallienne
|Music by||Maurice Jarre|
|Edited by||Rita Roland|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
In 2010, this film was released on DVD as part of the Universal Vault Series of DVD-on-Demand titles. A Blu-ray version followed in 2019.
- Ellen Burstyn as Edna Mae (Harper) McCauley
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Joseph "Joe" McCauley, Edna's husband
- Roberts Blossom as John Harper, Edna's father
- Eva Le Gallienne as Pearl, Edna's grandmother
- Lois Smith as Kathy, Edna's cousin
- Sam Shepard as Cal Carpenter, Edna's lover
- Richard Hamilton as Reverend Earl Carpenter, Cal's father
- Richard Farnsworth as Esco Brown, owner of "Last Chance Gas"
- Sylvia Walden as Louise, a woman Edna heals in Los Angeles
- Madeleine Thornton-Sherwood as Ruth, a townswoman Edna heals
- Resurrection at Box Office Mojo
- The AFI Catalog of Feature Films:..Resurrection, 1980 Retrieved November 20, 2016
- Blu-ray.com listing for Resurrection Retrieved December 1, 2019.
|This 1980s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|