|Purpose||Improve outcomes for people on low and modest incomes.|
In June 2015 the former Conservative MP David Willetts took over as executive chairman. At the same time, Torsten Bell, a former senior advisor to Ed Miliband, was appointed as the organisation's director to lead what the Foundation describes as "an expanded programme of work".
Prior to the appointment of Willetts and Bell, the organisation was led by a chief executive: Sue Regan from 2005 to 2010; Gavin Kelly from 2010 to 2015. Kelly then became the CEO of the Resolution Trust, which is the think tank's primary funder.
In 2017 it issued a report that said the UK wealth gap had widened over the past decade. The Conservative government responded to the findings by insisting that income inequality was at its lowest level since the mid-1980s. In 2018 the Resolution Foundation urged the Chancellor to abolish Entrepreneurs' relief claiming this tax relief benefits mainly a few rich people. The Resolution Foundation maintains the revenue collected from abolishing this tax relief could provide £2.7 billion that could go to the NHS.
In the year ending 30 September 2014, its annual income was £1,135,828. The bulk of its funding comes from the Resolution Trust established by Clive Cowdery. It has been awarded a B rating for transparency by the Who Funds You? project.
- "Resolution Foundation Annual Report" (PDF). Annual Reports. 2018-06-18. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2019-06-14. Retrieved 2019-06-14.
- "About us: Our mission". Resolution Foundation. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "About us: David Willetts". Resolution Foundation. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Fraser, Douglas (5 February 2016). "Tax rise plan 'could reduce cuts impact by a third'". BBC News. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- Grice, Andrew (4 September 2015). "Ed Miliband's former head of policy appointed director of living standards think tank". The Independent. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
- "UK wealth gap 'widening over past decade' says report". BBC News. June 18, 2017. Retrieved June 19, 2017.
- Move tax relief for entrepreneurs to NHS, thinktank says The Guardian
- "Resolution Foundation". Who Funds You?. 7 November 2015. Retrieved 30 March 2016.