Resende Futebol Clube, commonly known as Resende, is a Brazilian professional football club in Resende, Rio de Janeiro. The team compete in Campeonato Carioca, the top tier of the Rio de Janeiro state football league.
|Full name||Resende Futebol Clube|
|Founded||6 June 1909|
|Ground||Estádio do Trabalhador|
|Head coach||Edson Souza|
On June 6, 1909, the club was founded.
In 2007, Resende beat Mesquita 1–0, thus winning the Campeonato Carioca Second Level, and being promoted to the following year's Campeonato Carioca. On January 20, 2008, the club played its first Campeonato Carioca match, against Botafogo. Botafogo beat Resende 2–0. In 2009, the club finished as Taça Guanabara's runners-up, after being defeated 3–0 by Botafogo.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- "Resende Futebol Clube" (in Portuguese). Federação de Futebol do Estado do Rio de Janeiro. Archived from the original on December 13, 2007. Retrieved December 20, 2007.
- "Resende é campeão da Segundona Carioca" (in Portuguese). Globo Online. Retrieved December 20, 2007.
- "No Engenhão, Botafogo vence Resende em estréia no Estadual" (in Portuguese). Folha Online. Retrieved January 27, 2008.
- "Botafogo embarca na festa do RJ e conquista a Taça Guanabara" (in Portuguese). UOL. March 1, 2009. Retrieved March 1, 2009.
- "Estádio do Trabalhador" (in Portuguese). Templos do Futebol. Retrieved December 20, 2007.
- Official Site (in Portuguese)