Republican Guard(Redirected from Republican Guard (disambiguation))
The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Republican Guard, while unrelated titles should be moved to Republican Guard (disambiguation).
A republican guard is the state organization of a republic which typically serves to protect the president and the government, and thus is usually it is synonymous with Presidential Guard. The term is derived from the original French Gendarmerie unit. Several other countries also have adopted the term and have active guard units.
Republican guard unitsEdit
- Albanian Republican Guard
- Algerian Republican Guard
- Central African Republican Guard — Made up of supporters of President François Bozizé, who helped him rise to power in the 2003 Central African Republic coup d'état. Current status uncertain.
- Republican Guard (Donetsk People's Republic)
- Egyptian Republican Guard
- French Republican Guard — The original Republican Guard, serves as an honor guard and defends Paris. Part of the French Gendarmerie.
- Guinean Republican Guard
- Iraqi Republican Guard (defunct)
- Italian National Republican Guard (defunct)
- Kazakh Republican Guard — A separate branch of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Lebanese Republican Guard — A military force of the Directorate-General of the Presidency of Lebanon.
- Moldovan Republican Guard
- Peruvian Republican Guard (defunct)
- Portuguese Republican National Guard
- Congolese Republican Guard — Protects President Joseph Kabila of the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Republican Guard (Sudan)
- Syrian Republican Guard
- Yemeni Republican Guard