Renault Trucks T
The Renault Trucks T is a range of heavy-duty trucks manufactured by Renault Trucks. The truck was presented on 11 June 2013 with a show called R/Evolution and was introduced at the end of 2013, being the first from a new line of vehicles for the company.
|Renault Trucks T|
|Also called||Renault Trucks C Road|
|Body and chassis|
|Transmission||12 speed automated (Optidriver)|
|Predecessor||Renault Premium/Renault Magnum|
The last of the major European manufacturers to introduce a Euro VI compliant vehicle, chief designer Hervé Bertrand was allowed to design a Renault vehicle. Although using some common parts from the new Volvo FH series, the design was seen as a step-forward inspiration from the Renault Magnum, with a front grille area was inspired by a conveyor belt and a completely unique design cab area, designed for long distance international trunk routes.
The T offers two Euro VI six-cylinder engines, the 11 L DTI 11 (with a power output of 380, 430 and 460hp) and the 13 L DTI 13 (440, 480 and 520hp). All engines are variants derived from the previous Premium and Magnum trucks.
- "Renault Trucks, le poids lourd burgien" [Renault Trucks, heavy weights from Bourg-en-Bresse] (PDF). Dossier Nº 227 (in French). Bourg-en-Bresse. 13 October 2013. p. 3. Retrieved 17 November 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "R/EVOLUTION - Renault Trucks new range" – via www.youtube.com.
- "The Renault Trucks T, to replace the Magnum and Premium for long distance". Planet-trucks.com. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Press release. New Renault Trucks range: centres of profit serving customers' business". Automotiveworld.com. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 25 June 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 25 March 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Trucks, Renault. "RENAULT TRUCKS T ELECTED INTERNATIONAL TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2015 - News - News & Opportunities - Renault Trucks United Kingdom". www.renault-trucks.co.uk.