This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Remo Bodei (3 August 1938 – 7 November 2019) was an Italian philosopher. He was a Professor of the history of philosophy at the UCLA University, Los Angeles California, and also had taught at the University of Pisa and Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa.
Bodei was born in Cagliari. His initial interests were in classical German philosophy, and the Weimar Classicism period (1770–1830). He subsequently penned over 200 papers on utopian thinkers of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, and contemporary political thought. He died in Pisa, aged 81.
His books include the following volumes:
- Sistema ed epoca in Hegel (Bologna, Il Mulino, 1975. Reprinted 2014 with the title La civetta e la talpa. Sistema ed epoca in Hegel)
- Hegel e Weber. Egemonia e legittimazione (Bari, De Donato, 1977) (with Franco Cassano)
- Multiversum. Tempo e storia in Ernst Bloch (Napoli, Bibliopolis, 1979), 1983 (new edition)
- Scomposizioni. Forme dell'individuo moderno (Turin, Einaudi, 1987. Reprinted by Il Mulino, Bologna, 2016)
- Hölderlin: la filosofia y lo tragico (Madrid, Visor, 1990)
- Ordo amoris. Conflitti terreni e felicità celeste (Bologna, Il Mulino, 1991)
- Geometria delle passioni. Paura, speranza e felicità: filosofia e uso politico (Milano, Feltrinelli, 1991)
- Le forme del bello (Bologna, Il Mulino, 1995)
- Le prix de la liberté (Paris, Éditions du Cerf, 1995)
- Se la storia ha un senso (Bergamo, Moretti & Vitali, 1997)
- La filosofia nel Novecento (Roma, Donzelli, 1997)