Reload (Tom Jones album)
Reload is a 1999 album by Tom Jones. It contains fifteen duets with a range of artists including Van Morrison, Cerys Matthews, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams and Portishead, recorded with their usual record producers and in their usual studios. The tracks are mainly cover versions, with a new version of one of his own songs, "Looking Out My Window" (1968), and one original track, "Sex Bomb".
|Studio album by|
|Released||16 September 1999|
|Tom Jones chronology|
|Singles from Reload|
Reload became the highest seller of Jones' career, reaching number one on the British charts in 1999 and again in 2000. Its biggest single was the collaboration with Mousse T, "Sex Bomb", which reached number 3 on the UK Singles Chart, and was later used in a 2003 episode of The Simpsons (a show Jones had guest starred on in 1992). The album has sold more than four million copies worldwide.
The album was released 16 September 1999Gut Records. The album was released a little later in the US by V2 Records. Five singles were released: "Burning Down the House" (September 1999), "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (December 1999), "Mama Told Me Not to Come" (March 2000), "Sex Bomb" (May 2000), and "You Need Love Like I Do" (November 2000)in the UK by
Reload became the highest seller of Jones' career, reaching number on the British charts in 1999 and again in 2000.
A "special edition" release of the album also includes remixes of "Sexbomb" and "You Need Love Like I Do" as bonus tracks.
|Australia (ARIA)||2× Platinum||140,000^|
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Platinum||50,000*|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||50,000^|
|Italy (FIMI)||2× Platinum||200,000*|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Platinum||50,000^|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||4× Platinum||1,200,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Howie Richmond Hitmaker Award: Tom Jones". Billboard. 20 June 2009. p. 28. Retrieved 20 June 2019.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2000 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association.
- "Austrian album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload" (in German). IFPI Austria.
- "Ultratop − Goud en Platina – albums 2000". Ultratop. Hung Medien.
- "Canadian album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload". Music Canada.
- "Les Albums Or". infodisc.fr. SNEP. Archived from the original on 2011-10-18. Retrieved 2011-08-31. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "French album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique.
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (Tom Jones; 'Reload')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "Musica: Tom Jones, il nuovo singolo in radio da domani" (in Italian). Adnkronos. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Dutch album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload" (in Dutch). Nederlandse Vereniging van Producenten en Importeurs van beeld- en geluidsdragers. Retrieved 23 April 2019. Enter Reload in the "Artiest of titel" box.
- "Discos de platino y oro 2000" (in Spanish). El Mundo. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Tom Jones; 'Reload')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "Guld- och Platinacertifikat − År 2000" (PDF) (in Swedish). IFPI Sweden.
- "British album certifications – Tom Jones – Reload". British Phonographic Industry. Select albums in the Format field. Select Platinum in the Certification field. Type Reload in the "Search BPI Awards" field and then press Enter.