Relaxation stands quite generally for a release of tension, a return to equilibrium.
|Look up relaxation or relaxed in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Relaxation|
In the sciences, the term is used in the following ways:
- Relaxation (physics), and more in particular:
- Relaxation (NMR), processes by which nuclear magnetization returns to the equilibrium distribution
- Dielectric relaxation, the delay in the dielectric constant of a material
- Vibrational energy relaxation, the process by which molecules in high energy quantum states return to the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution
- Chemical relaxation methods, related to temperature jump
In computer science:
- Relaxation, the act of substituting alternative program code during linking
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Relaxation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.