Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel
Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel is an American reality television docudrama on TruTV that premiered on November 11, 2008. It focuses on the staff (bartenders, cocktail waitresses, security, etc.) of the Rehab pool party hosted at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and also chronicles the staff as they attempt to keep the partygoers under control while trying to do their jobs well and avoid their bosses' anger.
|Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||29|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Genco Entertainment|
|Original release||November 11, 2008 –|
November 16, 2010
The series ran for 3 seasons until its cancellation in December 2010.
Criticism and controversyEdit
In September 2010 the owner of the Hard Rock brand filed a lawsuit against the company which acquired the rights to the name of the hotel, Morgans Hotel Group, stating that the show has damaged the company name by associating it with "drunken debauchery, acts of vandalism, sexual harassment, (and) violence." Despite the lawsuit, truTV ran the third season. Morgans Hotel Group argued that "This show and the lively behavior it portrays have already been on the air for two years... it has brought enormous popularity to the Hard Rock brand.
Undercover Drug StingEdit
In 2010, undercover police officers investigated security guards and VIP hosts who were allegedly selling drugs to guests and allowing (at least on one occasion) an undercover officer to smoke marijuana in a public restroom after bribing a security guard. These stings occurred at the now-closed Body English and Vanity nightclubs also on the Hard Rock Hotel property and featured on the show. Hard Rock Hotel has reportedly fired all employees listed in the complaint, and agreed to pay a $700,000 fine.
- "TruTV Gives Viewers Exclusive Access to the World's Ultimate Party in Vegas with New Series Rehab: Party at the Hard Rock Hotel". The Futon Critic. October 28, 2008. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Green, Steve (December 25, 2010). "Court filing reveals Rehab reality TV show has been canceled". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- TruTV Not Yanking "Rehab" over Hard Rock War
- Green, Steve (November 16, 2010). "Hard Rock hotel fires back in trademark lawsuit, claims 'harassment'". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Dana Parker-McClain (January 6, 2011). "Hard Rock Settles Drug Complaint". Pollstar. Retrieved May 27, 2013.