|Original author(s)||Ben Burton, David Letscher, Richard Rannard, Hyam Rubinstein|
|Developer(s)||Ben Burton, Ryan Budney, William Pettersson|
|Initial release||December 2000|
5.1 / Dec, 2016
|Written in||C++, Python|
|Operating system||Linux, Unix-like, Mac, Microsoft Windows, iOS|
- Regina implements a variant of Rubinstein's 3-sphere recognition algorithm. This is an algorithm that determines whether or not a triangulated 3-manifold is homeomorphic to the 3-sphere.
- Regina further implements the connect-sum decomposition. This will decompose a triangulated 3-manifold into a connect-sum of triangulated prime 3-manifolds.
- Homology and Poincare duality for 3-manifolds, including the torsion linking form.
- Includes portions of the SnapPea kernel for some geometric calculations.
- Has both a GUI and Python interface.