Golf Club of Houston
The Golf Club of Houston is a private golf club in unincorporated Harris County, Texas, near Humble and northeast of Houston. The club contains two 18-hole courses; the Member Course is private, while the Tournament Course is open to the public. The Tournament Course was designed by Rees Jones and tour pro David Toms.
|Location||near Humble, Texas, U.S.|
|Elevation||65 feet (20 m)|
|Type||Public (Tournament Course) Private (Member Course)|
|Tournaments hosted||Houston Open|
(2003–present) ; Balcones Cup (2019)
|Greens||Poa trivialis / Bentgrass|
|Fairways||Perennial Ryegrass |
|Website||Golf Club of Houston|
|Designed by||Rees Jones|
|Length||7,422 yards (6,787 m)|
|Slope rating||144 |
The club has hosted the Houston Open since 2003.
The original 18-hole golf course on the location was El Dorado Country Club. It was designed by George Fazio in 1964, and included a log cabin style clubhouse, which had been a private home, and a small swimming pool surrounded by tall pine trees. El Dorado Country Club was closed in the early 1990's, a victim of a suffering Houston economy following the oil bust. The original clubhouse was demolished. 
The Redstone Golf Club was then established in 2002. The first phase of Redstone Golf Club opened in July 2002 with a new 18-hole course designed by Jacobsen-Hardy Golf Design. It also included clubhouse facilities, maintenance facilities, and restaurant.
|Tournament||75.8 / 138||395||429||392||565||467||460||173||764||238||3883||382||440||335||588||215||609||199||487||484||3739||7622|
|Championship||73.5 / 132||381||412||373||528||433||392||157||745||217||3638||372||420||313||572||199||575||177||443||458||3529||7167|
|Club||71.4 / 125||366||393||350||517||391||362||145||722||196||3442||342||389||295||556||165||563||158||417||442||3327||6669|
|Regular||68.0 / 117||350||303||328||459||327||326||124||702||169||3088||275||369||258||542||144||510||139||391||410||3038||6126|
|Forward||70.1 / 115||327||271||311||429||291||289||106||653||145||2822||259||349||238||478||105||483||119||372||356||2759||5581|
- "Houston Open" (PDF). GCSAA. Tournament fact sheets. March 2018. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- "Course Rating and Slope Database™ - Golf Club of Houston - Tournament". USGA. Retrieved April 21, 2018.
- Robertson, Dale (2018-04-26). "Houston Open now homeless as well as sponsorless". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- "Around sports: Redstone Golf Club undergoes name change". Houston Chronicle. staff and wire reports. December 6, 2013. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- Bailey, Mike (December 9, 2013). "Houston PGA Tour host Redstone Golf Club receives name change by new ownership". Retrieved March 29, 2016.
|This golf club or course-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports venue in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|