Redmi Note 5
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is a smartphone developed by Xiaomi Inc. It is a part of Xiaomi's budget Redmi Note smartphone line. Redmi Note 5 was announced on 14 February 2018 in Delhi, India, alongside the local release of the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
|Slogan||India's all rounder|
India's camera beast
|First released||February 2018|
|Predecessor||Redmi Note 4|
|Successor||Redmi Note 6 Pro|
|Dimensions||H: 158.6 mm (6.24 in)|
W: 75.4 mm (2.97 in)
D: 8.1 mm (0.32 in)
D max: 9.2 mm (0.36 in)(camera)
181 g (6.4 oz)
|Operating system||MIUI 11 based on Android 9.0|
|System on chip||Note 5: Qualcomm SDM625 Note 5 Pro: Qualcomm SDM636|
|CPU||Note 5: Octa-core (8x A53 2.0 Ghz) Note 5 Pro: Octa-core (4x 1.8 GHz Performance Kryo 260 cores based on Cortex A73 + 4x 1.6 GHz efficiency Kryo 260 cores based on Cortex A53)|
|GPU||Note 5: Adreno 506 Note 5 Pro: Adreno 509|
|Memory||Note 5: 3 or 4 GB RAM|
Note 5 Pro: 4 or 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM
|Storage||Note 5: 32 GB or 64 GB|
Note 5 Pro: 64 GB
|Removable storage||microSDXC, expandable up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery|
|Display||5.99 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (403 ppi), IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Rear camera||Note 5:|
Dual: Samsung S5K2L7 12 MP (f/1.9, 1.4 μm) Dual-PD + Samsung 5 MP (f/2.0, 1.12 μm)
Note 5 Pro:
Dual: Sony Exmor RS IMX486 12 MP (f/2.2, 1.25 μm) + Samsung S5K5E8 5 MP (f/2.0, 1.12 μm), phase detection autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
|Front camera||Note 5: OmniVision OV13855 13 MP 1.0 μm|
Note 5 Pro: Sony Exmor RS IMX376 20 MP (f/2.2, 1/2.8", 1.0 μm), LED flash, 1080p
|Connectivity||2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5GHz), dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot Bluetooth V5, A2DP, Low-energy|
The Redmi Note 5 runs on Snapdragon 625 processor. It is a 64 bit architecture based chipset that has 8x Qualcomm® A53 CPUs with a clock speed up to 2.0 GHz that supports Qualcomm® Adreno™ 506 GPU. This chipset is able to render FHD+ (18:9) display screen. It comes with 5.99" full HD+ display, that has an 18:9 aspect ratio, the screen on the Redmi Note 5 has a screen-to-body ratio of 77%. The screen on the device comes with multi-touch support and uses a 2.5 curved glass screen for ultra clarity. The Redmi Note 5 has a ppt rating of 403 and a maximum resolution of 1080x2160, the LCD IPS screen allows for smooth & accurate scrolling. 
The main dual-camera setup at the rear of the Redmi Note 5 is located, unlike its predecessors, at the top-left corner on a protruding camera bump that resembles the one present on the iPhone X. It is composed by a 12 MP image sensor plus a 5 MP depth sensor used in portrait mode to have bokeh effect in pictures. The 13 megapixel front facing camera features a front flash light rated for 4500K color temperatures as claimed by the company.
Redmi Note 5 received mostly positive reviews. TechRadar called it the best budget smartphone in the market and rated it 4/5. However lack of NFC and USB type C port, as well as the camera bump and inclusion of advertisements in the UI has been criticised.
Redmi Note 5 is available in 5 colors:
- Lake Blue
- Rose Gold
The most popular of the color being Lake Blue, which was an instant hit among the users. Red is the next best; it was introduced at a later date.
On 22 February 2018, in the first sale of the phone, the Indian division of Xiaomi claimed to had sold more than 300,000 Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus) and Redmi Note 5 Pro units in less than three minutes and called it the biggest sale in the Indian history of smartphones.
- "Redmi Note 5, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi TV 4 Unveiled in India: Highlights". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Arriving in China on March 16, May Come with Android 8.1 Oreo Pre-installed - Gizmochina". Gizmochina. 2018-03-01. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 5 Pro as Redmi Note 5 in China". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2018-03-01.
- "Findpare.com-Redmi Note 5". www.findpare.com. Retrieved 2018-08-30.
- "红米 Note5 参数-小米商城". www.mi.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-03-16.
- Forum, Xiaomi MIUI Official. "MIUI ROM for Redmi Note 5 - MIUI Downloads - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum". en.miui.com. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Redmi Note 5 Pro Price and Features - Mi India". www.mi.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/5 Pro - Our Favorite color". BintooShoots.com. 2018-02-17. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- India, Redmi (2018-02-22). "Thank you for being a part of the biggest sale in the history of smartphones! See you on Feb 28 for the next sale. RT to win f-codes #GiveMe5pic.twitter.com/s6pU7339r0". @RedmiIndia. Retrieved 2018-02-22.