Redheads on Parade
Redheads on Parade is a 1935 American musical film directed by Norman Z. McLeod and written by Don Hartman and Rian James. The film stars John Boles, Dixie Lee, Jack Haley, Raymond Walburn, Alan Dinehart and Patsy O'Connor. The film was released on August 30, 1935, by 20th Century Fox and produced by Fox Film Corporation.
|Redheads on Parade|
|Directed by||Norman Z. McLeod|
|Produced by||Jesse L. Lasky|
Sol M. Wurtzel
|Screenplay by||Don Hartman|
|Story by||Gertrude Purcell|
|Music by||Jay Gorney|
John F. Seitz
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
George Magnus, John Bruce and their publicity agent, Peter Mathews, attempt to make a new picture, Beauties on Parade , but halfway through filming, their backer goes bankrupt.
"Hardly living up to the excellence of its title and exploitation possibilities, ‘Redheads on Parade’ is relegated to subsequent-run assignments by its weak and unexciting story. . . Interwoven with this is the love story affecting Boles and Dixie Lee, extremely muddled and placing Mrs. Bing almost solely in the role of a good listener except for a couple of songs. . . Picture doesn’t contain an outstanding performance or moment, though each member of the cast contributes his best."
- "Redheads on Parade (1935) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- Hal Erickson (2016). "Redheads-on-Parade - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "Redheads on Parade". Afi.com. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "AFI|Catalog". catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2020-05-23.
- "Variety". September 4, 1935.