Red Wine (film)
Red Wine is a 2013 Malayalam-language Indian nonlinear investigation thriller film directed by Salam Bappu, and starring Mohanlal, Fahad Fazil, and Asif Ali in lead roles. The film's soundtrack and background score were composed by Bijibal. Red Wine released on 21 March 2013.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Salam Bappu|
|Produced by||A. S. Gireesh Lal|
|Screenplay by||Mammen K. Rajan|
|Story by||Noufal Blathoor|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
Gowri Meenakshi Movies
Assistant Commissioner of Police Ratheesh Vasudevan (Mohanlal), tries to solve the murder of Anoop C V (Fahadh Faasil), a part-time actor in local plays. During the investigation, Vasudevan learns that the victim was involved in Leftist activities and opted for helping the local population rather than using his engineering degree to get a well-paying job, Ramesh (Asif Ali) is a local vendor who is in debt and Navas (Saiju Kurup) is a friend of Anoop who makes films for advertisements.
- Mohanlal as A. C. P Ratheesh Vasudevan
- Asif Ali as K.P.Ramesh Kumar
- Fahadh Faasil as C.V. Anoop
- Saiju Kurup as Navas Paramban
- Jayaprakash as Dr.Paul Alexander
- Mia George as Deepthi
- Anusree as Sreelakshmi
- Maria John as Jasmin
- Meghana Raj as R. D. O Ann Mary
- Meera Nandan as Jasna
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Joe Sebastian
- T. G. Ravi as Narayanan
- Priyanandanan as Unni
- Sunil Sukhada as Rathnakaran Pillai
- Jayakrishnan as Venugopal S
- Satheesh Menon as Philipose Koshy
- Sudheer Karamana as SI Rafi
- Roshan Basheer as Alfy
- Kailash as Fasaludheen
- Ambika Mohan as Elsey
- Sreejith as Raghu
- Anoop Chandran as Abhilash
- Irshad as Dinesh
- Nandan Unni as Kunjikannan
- Sundara Pandian as Shibu Mon
- Shivaji Guruvayoor as Commissioner
- Chithara Bhanu as Chandran
- Favour Francis as Father
- Moideen Koya as Principal
- Nandhu Poduval as Xavier
- Dr. Venugopal as Doctor
- Manraj as Vinay
- Mithun as Sooraj
- Navaneeth as Shyam
- Naslim as Gautham
- Kozhikode Vilasini as Party Member
- Kozhikode Ramadevi as Ammini
- Navamy as Jincy
- Mahima as Lalitha
- Musthafa as Villager
- Milesh as Villager
- Gopan as Villager
- Koshy as S.I
- Abhilash as S.I.
- Master Eric as Ebel
- Baby Anjana as Adheena Navas
Release and receptionEdit
Red Wine was awarded "U" certificate by the Central Board of Film Certification. The film received mixed to positive reviews from film critics.
- Aswin of The Times of India says that "Red Wine makes it too easy, too effortless and the thin element of suspense wanes no sooner than it even appears".
- Sify.com rated the film as "above Average", stating that "Red Wine is not bad, but it is not great either. If you are not looking forward to some modern pattern, the film may be a fine option as well".
- Paresh of Rediff.com says that "Red Wine is worth watching for its approach and its lead actors".
- Nirmal of One India says that "Red Wine is an interesting film by the 'super combo' of Mohanlal, Fahad Fazal and Asif Ali, a routine murder mystery, but a watchable one".
- Indiaglitz.com says that "Red Wine is a clean bit of film which can definitely be prescribed for families. One time watch for others though it is quite predictable to the core".
|Soundtrack album by Bijibal|
|Released||7 March 2013|
|Producer||A. S. Gireesh Lal|
The film's soundtrack and background score were composed by Bijibal, with lyrics penned by Rafeeq Ahammed and Santhosh Varma. The album was launched on 7 March 2013 at Crown Plaza in Kochi. The event was attended by Mohanlal, Asif Ali, Saiju Kurup, Meera Nandan, Mia George, Anusree, Maria John and other personalities from the film industry, along with the technical crew and cast of the film. The audio rights were acquired by Mathrubhumi Music.
|1.||"Ilam Veyil"||Santhosh Varma||Najim Arshad, Veetraag, Prashanth||4:49|
|2.||"Neelaakaasham"||Santhosh Varma||Aditi Gopinathan||3:25|
|3.||"Akaluvathenthino"||Rafeeq Ahammed||Job Kurian||4:20|
- Story Stealing Controversy!
- Red Wine – Release
- Red Wine – Malayalam Movie
- Red Wine – Preview
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- "Movie Review:Red Wine" The Times of India
- "Movie Review:Red Wine" Sify
- "Movie Review:Red Wine" Rediff
- "Movie Review:Red Wine" OneIndia
- "Movie Review:Red Wine" Indiaglitz
- Audio CD of `Red Wine' released