Red Envelope Entertainment
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Red Envelope Entertainment (originally Netflix First) was a film production and distribution arm of Netflix, designed to generate content for Netflix's DVD-by-mail service. The company produced and/or distributed over 100 films, before ultimately being closed in 2008.
In 2012, Netflix returned to producing original content, starting with the series Lilyhammer.
- 2 Days In Paris
- 4 Months, 3 Weeks And 2 Days
- Born Into Brothels
- Hopeless Pictures
- I'm Reed Fish
- Love Songs
- Maxed Out
- Nice Guys Sleep Alone
- Open Hearts
- Puccini for Beginners
- The Puffy Chair
- Super High Me
- This Film is Not Yet Rated
- This Filthy World
- An Unreasonable Man
- Zach Galifianakis Live at the Purple Onion
- "Wired 14.09: Tech Biz: Netflix becomes an exclusive distributor of indie flicks". Wired.com. January 4, 2009.
- Kay, Jeremy (July 23, 2008). "Netflix closes down Red Envelope Entertainment". Screendaily.com.
- "Spotlight: Will Netflix's Red Envelope Entertainment be Sundance 2.0?". Digital Media Wire. January 25, 2007. Archived from the original on 2008-10-13.
|This article about an American film distributor or production company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|