Ready (2008 film)
Ready is a 2008 Indian Telugu-language action comedy film directed by Srinu Vytla. It is produced by Sravanthi Ravi Kishore under the Sri Sravanthi Movies banner. The movie features Ram and Genelia in lead roles while Tanikella Bharani, Nassar, Sunil, Chandra Mohan, Brahmanandam and Jaya Prakash Reddy play other prominent roles. The movie was a Blockbuster and also was one of the highest-grossing Telugu films in 2008. Navdeep and Tamanna have made guest appearances in the film. The music of the film is composed by Devi Sri Prasad.
|Directed by||Srinu Vaitla|
|Produced by||Sravanthi Ravi Kishore|
|Written by||Kona Venkat|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||M.R. Varma|
|19 June 2008|
|Box office||17 crore|
The movie begins with Raghupathi (Nassar) being introduced as the eldest of his three brothers - the other two being Raghava (Tanikella Bharani) and Rajaram (Vajja Venkata Giridhar) and sister Swarajyam (Rajitha) and her husband (Chandramohan) with Chandu (Ram) as the only son of Raghava and sole inheritor of the property of 'R S Brothers'. Chandu plans the elopement of his cousin Swapna (Tamannaah) with her boyfriend (Navdeep) due to which he is ousted from the house and is isolated from his family by Raghupathi. However, Chandu tries to re-establish links with his family members, but to no avail. Meanwhile, on the last day of his college, Chandu and his friends meet their friend "Google" Gopi (Ravi Varma) who is depressed because his girlfriend is getting married to someone else. Chandu decides to stop the marriage and marry off her to Gopi. However, they kidnap Pooja (Genelia D'Souza) instead of Gopi's girlfriend due to a mistaken identity. After being chased by some hooligans - who are after Pooja - they escape with the exception of Chandu and Pooja who end up in forest. Chandu falls for Pooja who also reciprocates her feelings.
After learning that her best friend is not in town, Pooja decides to stay in Chandu's home disguising herself as disciple of Raghupathi's spiritual guru. Chandu is also welcomed back in his family. When he was about to propose to Pooja, Chandu gets to know about the true identity of Pooja. She is an NRI who came to visit her warring maternal uncles Peddinaidu (Kota Srinivasa Rao) and Chittinaidu (Jaya Prakash Reddy). Both of them try to force her into marriage with their respective sons to get a hold on her property she inherits. Chandu decides to transform them before marrying Pooja. He joins their auditor "McDowellf" Murthy (Brahmanandam) as his assistant. Murthy introduces Chandu as his nephew to both Peddinaidu and Chittinaidu. When asked about Chandu's experience in auditing, Murthy lies to them that he used to be an auditor in America to imaginary brothers "Chicago" Subba Rao and "Dallas" Nageswara Rao.
Chandu manipulates Murthy's funny idea and makes his uncle Raghupathi and his father pose as Chicago Subba Rao and Dallas Nageswara Rao respectively. Swarajyam's husband and Rajaram pose themselves as the friends of Pooja's parents and make Peddinaidu think twice about his son's marriage with Pooja after they deliberately lie to him that her parents took a loan of 100 crores from World Bank. Chittinaidu also decides to call off his son's marriage with Pooja after Chandu plays a prank on him that Chicago Subba Rao's daughter has more property than Pooja. After some hilarious twists and turns, Chandu and his uncle Raghupathi bring about a positive change in both Chittinaidu and Peddinaidu and Pooja marries Chandu after her uncles give their consent.
- Ram as Chandu, a happy-go-lucky guy who is always willing to help others. He is the only inheritor of his father's property.
- Genelia D'Souza as Pooja, an NRI who comes to India to visit her maternal uncles. She lost her parents in an air accident and is brought up by her uncles.
- Brahmanandam as "McDowell" Murthy, Peddi Naidu and Chitti Naidu's auditor.
- Nassar as Raghupathi/"Chicago" Subba Rao, the head of his family and business. He loves acting and is shown to have received the Best Actor award from N. T. Rama Rao for a play in theater.
- Chandra Mohan as Swarajyam's husband (Janaki's father)
- Tanikella Bharani as Raghava/"Dallas" Nageswara Rao, Raghupathi's younger brother and Chandu's father.
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Peddi Naidu, the elder of the two brothers. He tries to marry off his son to Pooja to grab her property, in the process even breaking up with his brother.
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Chitti Naidu, the younger of the two brothers. He also tries to force Pooja into marry his son, eyeing her property. He even spars with his brother on whose son should marry Pooja.
- Supreet as Narasimha, Peddi Naidu's right-hand man and one of the antagonists.
- Shafi as Nagappa, Chitti Naidu's son and one of the antagonists.
- Sunil as Janaki and Chandu's cousin
- Pragathi as Rajyam (Chandu's mother)
- Sudha as Lakshmi (Raghupathi's wife)
- Rajitha as Swarajya Lakshmi (Janaki's mother)
- Srinivasa Reddy as Raju Garu (Chandu's friend)
- M. S. Narayana as Chinna Sastry
- Venkata Giridhar Vajja as RajaRam
- Satya Krishnan as RajaRam's wife
- Dharmavarapu Subramanyam as Santosh Reddy (Happy Reddy)
- Balayya as Peddha Sastry
- Ravi Varma as Google Gopi (Chandu's friend)
- Master Bharath as Chinna Chitti Naidu
- Surekha Vani as Chinna Chitti Naidu's mother
- Master Uday Nair as Chinna Peddi Naidu
- Ravishankar Dwivedula as Purohith who performs marriage for Google Gopi
- Vinaya Prasad
- Prudhvi Raj
- Amit Tiwari
- Fish Venkat
- Suman Setty
- Tamannaah Bhatia as Swapna (Chandu's cousin) (Guest appearance)
- Navdeep as Swapna's Boyfriend (Guest appearance)
- Producer: Sravanthi Ravi Kishore
- Director:: Srinu Vytla
- Story: Gopimohan
- Screenplay: Srinu Vytla
- Co-Director:Saikishore Macha
- Dialogues: Kona Venkat
- Cinematography: Prasad Murella
- Stunts: Peter Hein
- Music: Devi Sri Prasad
- Choreography: Suchitra, Sankar, Prem Rakshith
- Editing: M. R. Varma
- Art: A. S. Prakash
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||19th May, 2008|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|1.||"Get Ready!"||Sirivennela Seetarama Sastry||Karthik||5:06|
|2.||"Ayyo Ayyo Ayyo Danayya!"||Ramajogayya Sastry, Benny||Priya Himesh, Franco Simon, Benny||4:30|
|3.||"Mere Sajnaa!"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Kunal Ganjawala, Shreya Ghoshal||4:16|
|4.||"Ninne Pelladukoni Rajaipota"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Ranjith, Kalpana||5:22|
|5.||"Naa Pedavulu Nuvvaithe"||Sirivennela Seetarama Sastry||Sagar, Gopika Poornima||3:59|
|6.||"Om Namaste Bolo"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Neeraj Shridhar, Divya||4:21|
Ready received extremely positive reviews. Jeevi of Idlebrain.com rated the film at 3.25 out of a scale of 5 saying that it is "Stuffed with ample commercial elements, mainly vibrant comedy". Teluguone.com rated the film at 3.75 out of 5 saying that the film is a "Neat family entertainer with an appreciable dose of clean comedy". It also says that though "The story and treatment has shades of Gudumba Shankar to a large extent, but good-natured comedy makes the movie quite enjoyable for a light viewing". Ram was fabulous and Brahmanandam was well appreciated for his performance by Sify.com saying that "As 'McDowell' Murthy, Brahmanandam brings the house down".
- Best Film - Ravi Kishore
- Best Director - Srinu Vaitla
- Best Actor - Ram
- Best Supporting Actor - Brahmanandam
- Kannada: Raam - Director: Madesha
- Tamil: Uthama Puthiran - Director: Mithran Jawahar
- Hindi: Ready - Director: Anees Bazmee
|(Ram) Chandu||(Puneeth Rajkumar) Ram||(Dhanush) Shivaramakrishnan||(Salman Khan) Prem|
|(Genelia D'Souza) Pooja||(Priyamani) Pooja||(Genelia D'Souza) Pooja||(Asin Thottumkal) Sanjana/Pooja|
- "Ready(denikaina) movie review".
- "Raam Movie Review".
- "Uthamaputhiran is illogical". Rediff. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Movie Review - Ready". Times of India.
- "King Khan? In 2011, Salman's Ready is biggest Bollywood box-office hit". Times of India.
- "Box Office: Salman Khan's Ready continues unabated run at BO". Business of Cinema. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Audio Review-Ready".
- "Movie Review - Ready".
- "Reviews:Movie Review - Ready".
- "Movie Review:Ready".