Raza Academy is a Sunni Barelvi organization of Indian Sufi Muslims that promotes Islamic beliefs through publications and research. The organization mainly publishes Sunni books and literature of Ala'Hadrat Imam Ahmed Raza Al-Qadiri. The organization is located in Mumbai, and Mohammed Saeed Noori is its founding secretary.
Relief and Charity WorkEdit
- Kerala Flood Relief
Raza Academy under the leadership of Saeed Noori visited flood affected Kerala and distributed relief material worth of lacs of rupees in the month of September.
- Nepal Relief
It provided grounded relief to victims of Nepal earthquake worth of lacs. It sends its volunteers to distribute food and daily items.
- Assam Relief
It formed Sunni Relief Committee in association with All India Sunni Jamiat ul Ulema to help and distribute relief materials worth of 50 lacs collected from various parts of West Bengal and Maharashtra among the riot victims in Assam.
- Bhiwandi Relief
2012 protests and Azad Maidan riotsEdit
On 11 August 2012, Raza Academy held a protest against the riots in Assam and attacks on Muslims in Myanmar at Azad Maidan in Mumbai, with two other groups. It ended in violence, killing two and injuring 54 others, including 45 policemen. Police Commissioner Arup Patnaik said that the crowd turned violent around 3:00 pm, after some protesters showed “provocative photos” of the Assam violence. “Some people started raising slogans against the police and media. They set fire to police vehicles,” said Patnaik. “As we tried restraining the crowd, a scuffle broke out between the protestors and police.”
President of the Raza Academy, Mohammed Saeed Noori said the “miscreants” involved in the violence were not associated with the academy. “Our protest was peaceful,” he said.
2015 fatwa against AR RahmanEdit
2016 protest against Zakir NaikEdit
- "Saeed Noori: Raza Academy just a protest dukaan: Cleric | Mumbai News - Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2012-09-02. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- Malyalam Manorma, 28th sep 2018
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-14. Retrieved 2015-07-29. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Protest against Assam riots turns violent in Mumbai". The Times of India. Mumbai, India. IANS. 11 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Assam riots: 2 killed, 20 injured as protestors go on rampage in Mumbai". 12 August 2012.
- 2 dead, 54 hurt in Mumbai protest over Assam violence. Indian Express (2012-08-11). Retrieved on 2012-08-14.
- "2 dead, 54 hurt in Mumbai protest over Assam violence". The Indian Express. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "Mumbai violence: Organisers admit remarks against media led to tension". The Indian Express. 12 August 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- "'Fatwa against A R Rahman and Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi for film on Prophet'". Indian Express. 2015-09-12. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "'Muslim institution Raza Academy protests against controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik in Mumbai'". ABP Live. 2016-07-07. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "'NIA Will Questiones Islamic Preacher Zakir Naik After Return'". Dainik Bhaskar. 2016-07-07. Retrieved 2016-07-07.