This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rayachoty or "Rachaveedu" or "Rayachoti" or "Rajaveedu" is a town in Kadapa district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality in Rayachoty mandal of Kadapa revenue division. It is one of the oldest town in Andhra Pradesh. Rayachoty is famous for thousand years old The Lord Sri Veerabhadra Swamy temple. It is also called Dakshina Kaasi, build on bank of Mandavya river. Uniqueness of this temple is that Daksha Prajapati appears in worshiping form of the Lord Veerabhadra Swamy.Rayachoty is the 3rd biggest town after Kadapa and Proddatur towns in Kadapa district. It is one of major Educational hubs in the district. It has a Teacher Training Institute[DIET] from Britisher's time. This is one of the oldest DIET in this region. In Rayachoty town one Engineering college and one Government Polytechnic college existed for technical education. It requires more technical institutes and one Medical College for its development. Recently state government announced that Rayachoti is the part of Annamayya Urban Development Agency, it is the good sign for growth of this region.
|• Type||Municipality Grade I|
|• Body||Rayachoti Municipality|
|• MLA||Gadikota Srikanth Reddy|
|• Total||60.59 km2 (23.39 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,100/km2 (5,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As of 2011[update] India census, Rayachoti is a Municipality city in the district of YSR, Andhra Pradesh. The Rayachoti city is divided into 85 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Rayachoti Municipality has a population of 91,234 of which 46,517 are males while 44,717 are females as per report released by Census India 2011. The population of Children age 0-6 is 11,446 which is 12.55% of the total population of Rayachoti (M). In Rayachoti Municipality, the Female Sex Ratio is 961 against state average of 993. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Rayachoti is around 898 compared to Andhra Pradesh state average of 939. The literacy rate of Rayachoti City is 73.58% higher than the state average of 67.02%. In Rayachoti, Male literacy is around 82.07% while the female literacy rate is 64.84%. Rayachoti Municipality has total administration over 20,452 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorized to build roads within Municipality limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction. It is a 3rd largest town by population, education, financial and economic after the Kadapa and Proddutur
Rayachoti is having good connectivity by Road, Railway[in progress] and Airways[45 km to Kadapa Airport]. It will give more milage to business development as well as industrial development. It is a combination of 9 roads. Three National highways are going to the town. 1. The National Highway 40 Kurnool-Kadapa-Chittoor passing the middle of the town. NH40 also called Rayalaseema Express highway 2. The National Highway 340 connects the town with the Kurabalakunta road of(Bangalore -Madanapalli-Rayachoti-Kadapa) Andhra Pradesh. 3.proposed NH 370 Nellore to Anathapuram(Nellore-Rapur -Rajampet-Rayachoti-kadiri-Anathapuram)under planning. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Rayachoti bus station, it requires big bus station for better services to the people.
There is an upcoming Railway station in Rayachoti under Kadapa-Bangalore new railway line project is still in progress. It will give more potential to this town after completion.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English,Telugu and UrduTelugu. Rayachoti has an average literacy rate of 61.6%, male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 51%. From this region, most of people settle in the outside region due to lack of employment.
Hygiene and SanitationEdit
Sanitation is very poor in this town. There is no proper cleaning of streets and drains on a regular basis. Due to this unhygienic environment, most of the diseases[Dengue, chikungunya, and others] are developing in this region. Roads are very very narrow [less than 10 feet width]and unable to travel in most of the streets by Auto-rickshaws.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Revenue Divisions and Mandals". Official website of YSR Kadapa District. National Informatics Centre- Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2011 Census[https://www.census2011.co.in/data/town/802999-rayachoti-andhra-pradesh.html] including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008. External link in
- "List of National Highways passing through A.P. State". Roads and Buildings Department. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 28 March 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.