Raymond Taras (also Ray Taras) is a Canadian political scientist. His interests include issues of Central and Eastern Europe and Russia, multiculturalism, xenophobia, ethnic conflicts, and response of the receiving countries to immigration. During the 2014-15 academic year Ray Taras was a Leverhulme Visiting Professor at the Centre for Migration Research, University of Sussex. In 2018-19 he is Fulbright Distinguished Chair at the Australian National University in Canberra.
Ray Taras is an author and editor of over 20 monographs and over 100 articles
- Ray Taras, Nationhood, Migration and Global Politics, Edinburgh University Press, October 2018
- Ray Taras, Fear and the Making of Foreign Policy: Europe and Beyond, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press (US distributor: OUP USA), March 2015
- Ray Taras, ed, Challenging multiculturalism: European Models of Diversity, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press (US distributor: OUP USA), December 2012
- Ray Taras, Xenophobia and Islamophobia in Europe, Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press (US distributor: OUP USA), 2012
- Ray Taras, ed, Russia's identity in international relations: images, perceptions, misperceptions, London: Routledge, 2012
- Ray Taras and Rajat Ganguly, Understanding ethnic conflict: the international dimension, 4th edn. New York: Longman, 2010, xviii + 318 pp. (1st edn: 1998; 2nd edn: 2002; 3rd edn: 2006; 3rd edn update: 2008)
- Ray Taras, Europe old and new: transnationalism, belonging, xenophobia, Boulder, CO: Rowman and Littlefield, 2008, x + 247 pp.
- Ray Taras, Liberal and illiberal nationalisms, Basingstoke, England: Palgrave, 2002, xvi + 251 pp.
- Marjorie Castle and Ray Taras, Democracy in Poland, Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 2002, xx + 291 pp.
- Ray Taras (ed.), National identities and ethnic minorities in Eastern Europe, New York: St. Martin's Press/London: Macmillan, 1998, xii + 228 pp.
- Ray Taras (ed.), Postcommunist presidents, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997, ix + 245 pp.
- Ian Bremmer, Ray Taras (eds.), New states, new politics: building the post-Soviet nations, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997 (re-issued 2011), xxi + 743 pp 43 tables, 26 maps
- Ray Taras, Consolidating democracy in Poland, Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1995, xii + 276 pp.
- Ian Bremmer Ray Taras (eds.), Nations and politics in the Soviet successor states, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1993 (reprinted 1994, 1995), xxvii + 577 pp., 37 tables, 12 maps
- Ray Taras (ed.), Handbook of political science research on the USSR and Eastern Europe: trends from the 1950s to the 1990s, New York: Greenwood Press, 1992, vi + 345 pp.
- Ray Taras (ed.), The road to disillusion: from critical Marxism to post-communism, Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, 1992, x + 206 pp.
- Roland Ebel, Ray Taras, and James Cochrane, Political culture and foreign policy in Latin America: case studies from the circum-Caribbean, Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 1991, viii + 267 pp.
- Ray Taras (ed.), Leadership change in communist states, Boston: Unwin Hyman, 1989, xv + 210 pp.
- Donat Taddeo and Ray Taras, Le débat linguistique au Québec, Montréal: Presses de l'Université de Montréal, 1987, xii + 246 pp.
- Ray Taras, Poland: socialist state, rebellious nation, Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1986, xviii + 200 pp.
- Ray Taras, Ideology in a socialist state: Poland 1956-83, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1984 (re-issued 2008), x + 299 pp.