Rawson Marshall Thurber
Rawson Marshall Thurber (born February 9, 1975) is an American director, producer, screenwriter, and actor. He is best known for directing the films DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story (2004), We're the Millers (2013), Central Intelligence (2016), and Skyscraper (2018).
Rawson Marshall Thurber
|Occupation||Director, producer, screenwriter, actor|
He was a 1997 graduate of Union College (Schenectady, New York), where he was a member of the Delta Upsilon fraternity and played wide receiver on the football team for two years. He is also a graduate of the Peter Stark Producing Program at USC.
Thurber worked as an assistant to screenwriter John August, beginning with the 2000 August-created television show D.C. In 2002, he wrote and directed the original Terry Tate: Office Linebacker commercials for Reebok.
He directed the 2013 hit We're the Millers, starring Jason Sudekis and Jennifer Aniston. In June 2014 he was rumored to replace Edgar Wright to direct Marvel's Ant-Man, but later turned the job down.
Most recently, Thurber wrote and directed the action film Skyscraper from Legendary Pictures, reteaming the director with Dwayne Johnson and was released by Universal on 13 July 2018. Thurber will next direct Universal/Legendary ' $150 million budget action comedy Red Notice for which he will also draft the screenplay, starring Johnson in the lead and Gal Gadot. It will be the third time the two have collaborated. Filming is set to begin in 2019 with a potential 2020 release date.
Thurber won an auction in 2017 to appear in Madden NFL 18.
|2004||DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story||Yes||Yes||No|
|2008||The Mysteries of Pittsburgh||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2013||We're the Millers||Yes||No||No|
|2004||DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story||Obnoxious Las Vegas Homophobe|
|2007||The Nines||Game Night Guest|
|2010||Easy A||Quiznos Guy|
|2013||We're the Millers||The Ultimate Border Guard|
|2016||Central Intelligence||Handsome Pants-Catcher|
- Lee, Chris (2008-01-20). "From reward to risk". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "CA Bar Record".
- "Rawson Thurber '97 is creator of Dodgeball". Union College News Archives. 2004-06-29. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- "Johnaugust.com". Johnaugust.com. Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- "The Man Behind Reebok's Terry Tate". Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- Holden, Stephen (2004-06-18). "''New York Times''". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- The New York Times
- Jr, Mike Fleming (2015-04-22). "3-Agency Tug Of War Ends With WME Signing 'Dodgeball' Helmer Rawson Marshall Thurber". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- Simon Brew. "Denofgeek.com". Denofgeek.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "'Central Intelligence': Rawson Marshall Thurber on Directing a Spy Comedy that Doesn't Wink at the Audience". Collider. 2016-06-19. Retrieved 2018-01-05.
- Kit, Borys (May 26, 2016). "Legendary Wins Bidding War for China-Set Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Action Movie (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- Ben Fritz (March 9, 2018). "How Much Does Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Make for One Movie?". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved March 11, 2018.