This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: style, spelling and grammar, mostly unsourced (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Type||municipal committee|
|Elevation||210 m (690 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi Punjabi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||HR 59|
During the Chalisa famine of 1783–84, the people abandoned this town, which was repopulated in 1816 during british raj by a person named Rattan Singh (not to be confused with the founder Rattan Nath). The Maharaja of Patiala State constructed a fort here as an outpost. Located at a distance of 12 km from Ratia tehsil, Kunal is one of the oldest pre-Harappan settlements and dates back roughly to the 5th millennium BC. The roughly 6,000-year-old site holds within it a rich legacy and its ties to the past can possibly help trace the history of Haryana, and the country. First discovered in 1986, excavations in Kunal have taken place over different seasons in 1992–93, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2001-2002 and 2002–2003.
As of 2011[update] India census, The Ratia Municipal Committee has population of 37,852 of which 19,937 are males while 17,915 are females. Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 4683 which is 12.60% of total population of Ratia (MC). Female Sex Ratio is of 911 against state average of 879. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Ratia is around 846 compared to Haryana state average of 834. Literacy rate of Ratia city is 72.89% lower than state average of 75.55%.Male literacy is around 78.28% while female literacy rate is 67.04%.
- Haryana Gazateer, Revennue Dept of Haryana, Capter-V.
- "Haryana - JJP Election Result 2019". Times Now. Archived from the original on 24 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Haryana election result winners full list: Names of winning candidates of BJP, Congress, INLD, JJP". India Today. 24 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Haryana Election Results 2019: Full list of winners". India TV. 24 October 2019. Retrieved 29 October 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ratia Municipal Committee City Population Census 2011-2019 | Haryana".