|• Mayor||Ronald Seeger (CDU)|
|• Total||105.68 km2 (40.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||29 m (95 ft)|
|• Density||230/km2 (600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||HVL (früher: RN)|
The Protestant church of St. Marien Andreas, originally a basilica, and transformed to the Gothic style in 1517-1589, and the Roman Catholic Church of St. George, are noteworthy.
Rathenow is known for its Rathenow stones, bricks made of the clay of the Havel, and for its spectacles and optical instruments, which are exported.
Recent Population Development and Projections (Population Development before Census 2011 (blue line); Recent Population Development according to the Census in Germany in 2011 (blue bordered line); Projection by the Brandenburg state for 2005-2030 (yellow line); Projection by the Brandenburg state for 2014-2030 (red line); Projection by the Bertelsmann Foundation for 2012-2030 (green line)
Twin towns — sister citiesEdit
- Stephan Bodecker (1384-1459), Bishop of Brandenburg
- Jörg Friedrich (rower) (born 1959), rower
- Jörg Freimuth (born 1961), high jumper
- Mario Streit (born 1967), rower
- Jörg Heinrich (born 1969), football player and manager
- Christian Beeck (born 1971), footballer
- Joachim Mrugowsky (1905-1948), physician and Nazi war criminal; executed
- Immo Stabreit (born 1933), diplomat
- Rosemarie Köhn (born 1939), 1993-2006 Bishop of Hamar (Norway) (world's second woman as a Lutheran bishop)
- Wulf Herzogenrath (1944), art historian and curator
- "Bevölkerung im Land Brandenburg nach amtsfreien Gemeinden, Ämtern und Gemeinden 31. Dezember 2017 (Fortgeschriebene amtliche Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Amt für Statistik Berlin-Brandenburg (in German). 2018.
- V.K. Vinogradov and others, Hitler's Death: Russia's Last Great Secret from the Files of the KGB, Chaucer Press 2005, 111. This work reproduces a Soviet map showing that the bodies were buried in a field near the village of Neu Friedrichsdorf, approximately one kilometre east of Rathenow.
- Detailed data sources are to be found in the Wikimedia Commons.Population Projection Brandenburg at Wikimedia Commons