Rasul Abakar oghlu Chunayev (Azerbaijani: Rəsul Çunayev) is an Azerbaijani Greco-Roman wrestler. He was born 7 January 1991 in Yeni Şərif, Balakən, Azerbaijan, to Avar parents. He is a world champion and European vice-champion in men's Greco-Roman wrestling.
|2016 Rio de Janeiro||66 kg|
|2014 Tashkent||71 kg|
|2015 Las Vegas||71 kg|
|2018 Budapest||72 kg|
|2015 Baku||71 kg|
|2018 Kaspiysk||72 kg|
|2014 Vantaa||71 kg|
|2013 Kazan||66 kg|
|Islamic Solidarity Games|
|2017 Baku||66 kg|
Chunayev loves dancing. His character is frequently described as laid-back and relaxed. His most notable celebration came after Chunayev defeated Russian wrestler Islambek Albiev at the 2013 Summer Universiade, when he performed the Lezginka, a traditional dance of the Caucacus, on the mat. He also gave a military salute as a sign of respect to the Azerbaijani families of victims in Karabakh after defeating Armenian wrestler Varsham Boranyan during 2014 World Wrestling Championships in Tashkent.
- Rəsul Çunayev: Yaxşı idmançı rinqdə bilinər
- Yunan-Roma güləşi yığmamız Avropa üçüncüsü oldu / FOTO-VİDEO (in Azerbaijani)
- "Rasul Chunayev: 'As a soldier of Azerbaijan, I am very proud that…' / PHOTO". awf-az.org. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- Carson, Dan. "Azerbaijani Wrestler Celebrates Gold Medal Win with Most Beautiful Dance Ever". bleacherreport.com. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Boebel, Rick. "This Azerbaijani Wrestler's Dance Is The Reason Wrestling Should Still Be In The Olympics". www.sportsgrid.com. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- Наш борец победил армянина всего за 23 секунды - ФОТО + ВИДЕО. ru.oxu.az (in Russian). Retrieved 18 October 2014.
|This biographical article relating to an Azerbaijani sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|