Randall L. Feenstra (born January 14, 1969) is an American politician and former businessman. He is the Iowa State Senator from the 2nd District. A member of the Republican Party, he has served in the Iowa Senate since 2009.
|Member of the Iowa Senate|
from the 2nd district
|Assumed office |
January 12, 2009
|Preceded by||Dave Mulder|
|Treasurer of Sioux County|
|Preceded by||Robert Hagey|
|Succeeded by||Randy Jacobsma|
|Born||January 14, 1969|
Hull, Iowa, U.S.
|Education||Dordt University (BA)|
Iowa State University (MPA)
Education and early politicial careerEdit
Feenstra graduated from Western Christian High School. He received a bachelor's degree from Dordt University, then called Dordt College, and his MPA from Iowa State University. His professional experience includes being the sales manager for the Foreign Candy Company, then City Administrator of Hull, Iowa for seven years. In 2006, he was elected Sioux County Treasurer.
Feenstra currently serves on several committees in the Iowa Senate – Capital Projects committee; the Fiscal committee; the Tax Expenditure committee; the Transportation committee; the Ways and Means committee; and the State Government committee.
While serving on the Iowa Senate, Feenstra worked for ISB Insurance in Hull, operated by Iowa State Bank. In 2017, he joined the faculty of Dordt University, after having taught there in an adjunct capacity since 2011.
2020 U.S. House campaignEdit
- Geleynse, Jesse (April 24, 2011). "Iowa legislature needs to continue eligibility debate". Le Mars Daily Sentinel. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Visser, Jeanne (March 11, 2008). "Feenstra will run for State Senate". Sioux County Index Reporter. Small Town Papers News Service. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Senator Randy Feenstra". The Iowa Legislature. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- "Democrats keep Senate, House". Des Moines Register. Newspapers.com. November 5, 2008. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "2012 General Precinct Vote Totals by County". Iowa Secretary of State. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- Hoogland, Steve (November 8, 2016). "Wheeler wins Iowa House seat". N'West Iowa Review. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "Feenstra leaving insurance business for college position". Sioux County Index Reporter. August 2, 2017. Retrieved August 9, 2017.
- "Feenstra launches re-election bid". Chronicle Times. January 6, 2012. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "Iowa Senator Feenstra files for re-election". Chronicle Times. March 7, 2012. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "Republican U.S. Rep. Steve King gets a GOP challenger, Iowa Sen. Randy Feenstra". Des Moines Register. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- Cillizza, Chris (January 11, 2019). "How in the world is Steve King still in Congress?". CNN. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- Senator Randy Feenstra official Iowa General Assembly site
- Randy Feenstra, Iowa State Senator official campaign site
- Senator Randy Feenstra at Iowa Senate Republican Caucus
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
| Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 2nd district