Arandric Kornell Carthon (born February 10, 1981), nicknamed Ran Carthon, is an American former college and professional football player who was a running back in the National Football League (NFL) for three seasons in the mid 2000s. Carthon played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL.
|Born:||February 10, 1981|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||218 lb (99 kg)|
|High school:||Key West (FL)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Carthon was born in Osceola, Arkansas. His father is former NFL running back Maurice Carthon. He attended Key West High School in Key West, Florida, and played for the Key West Conchs high school football team. As a junior, he rushed for over 1,300 yards; as a senior, he rushed for over 500 yards and was named to PrepStar's All-Region team, despite missing seven games with an ankle injury.
Carthon accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier and coach Ron Zook's Florida Gators football teams from 2000 to 2003. As a senior in 2003, he was the leading rusher for the Gators. Carthon is a member of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.
After his NFL career was over, he returned to Gainesville, and graduated from the University of Florida with a bachelor's degree in sociology in 2008.
The Indianapolis Colts signed Carthon as an undrafted free agent in 2004, and he was a member of the Colts from 2004 to 2006. He saw no action during the 2004 regular season, and only limited action in nine games as a running back and kick returner during the 2005 and 2006 regular seasons. He finished his career with the Detroit Lions during the second half of the 2006 season.
Front office careerEdit
After retiring, Carthon joined the Atlanta Falcons in 2008 as a pro scout where he spent the next four seasons. In 2012, Carthon started a five year run as the director of player personnel for the St. Louis Rams. The 49ers hired Carthon in 2017 to be their director of pro personnel which is his current role.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Ran Carthon. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Ran Carthon Archived July 8, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- GatorZone.com, Football History, 2003 Roster, Ran Carthon Archived July 11, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide Archived April 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 98, 138, 140, 147, 150, 180 (2011). Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Ran Carthon. Retrieved February 26, 2011.
- "Ran Carthon". 49ers official website. 49ers. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- "San Francisco 49ers hire Ran Carthon, Rams' former director of pro ..." Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 11, 2018.