Ramon Muzones (March 20, 1913 - August 17, 1992) was a writer and lawyer and the posthumous recipient of the National Artist of the Philippines for Literature award in the Philippines in 2018. He wrote in Hiligaynon and popularized Hiligaynon literature.
Muzones was born in Iloilo City and was the oldest of ten children of Santiago Muzones and Florentina Larupay. He received his law degree at Central Philippine University in 1952. He wrote 62 novels in the course of his life, the first of which was Tibud nga Bulawan in 1938. He was a founder of an organization for Hiligaynon writers called Sumakwelan.
Muzones' awards included the Gawad Bonifacio sa Panitikan Centennial Award given by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (1997). In 2018 he was honored as an Ilonggo National Artist of the Philippines for Literature.
- Philippines_Graphic. "National Artists of 2018 – The Philippines Graphic". Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- News, Panay (2018-10-24). "Ilonggo writer Muzones named National Artist for Literature". Panay News. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- "Order of National Artists: Ramon L. Muzones". National Commission for Culture and the Arts. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- University, Central Philippine. "CPU DLMCH holds Ramon L. Muzones Memorial Lecture". Central Philippine University. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- "Ilonggo Ramon Muzones to be named National Artist". Politiko Visayas. 2018-10-24. Retrieved 2020-03-23.
- peoplesdomain (2019-12-20). "[Happening Today] Late NA for Literature Ramon L. Muzones to be honored » People's Domain". People's Domain. Retrieved 2020-03-23.