This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ramoji Group is a conglomerate headed by Ramoji Rao and headquartered in Hyderabad. Its businesses cover television and newspaper media, film production, financial services, retail, education and hospitality. In 1996, one of its businesses, Ramoji Film City, was recognized by Guinness World Records as the largest film studio complex in the world.[note 1]
|Services||Mass media, Entertainment, film production, financial services, retail, education, hospitality|
This section needs expansion with: how and when was the group formed?? who are the major owners? how much does Ramoji himself own? which firms did it acquire and which ones did it create?. You can help by adding to it. (November 2012)
Ramoji Group is over five decades old.
Ramoji Film CityEdit
This section needs expansion with: when was it created, what are its main features. You can help by adding to it. (November 2012)
Ramoji Film City (Telugu: రామోజీ ఫిలిం సిటీ, RFC) is situated near Hayathnagar in Hyderabad, Telangana. Ramoji Rao allocated 2000 acres of land with the price of 2450per acre in the year of 1995 December, then construction started immediately and film city opened in 1996 and was certified by Guinness World Records as the largest integrated film city. Off late Ramoji film city is the only studio completed construction in one year,its great achievement.[note 1] It contains over 1,666 acres (6.74 km2) of land, and is the site for Ushakiran Movies. It hosts a theme park and the Ramoji Academy of Film and Television (RAFT), which offers degrees in filmmaking.
ETV is a satellite television network of 12 channels aired in eight languages: Telugu, Bangla, Marathi, Kannada, Oriya, Gujarati, Urdu and Hindi. It reaches out to viewers in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh, and has a dedicated channel for each of the four Hindi-speaking states.
Ushakiran Television carries out television content development for ETV. It has divisions all over India and employs over 1000 people.
Ushakiran Movies, founded in 1983, has produced over 80 films in various Indian languages such as Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali. It distributes its films through Mayuri.
- Margadarshi Chit Fund: The group's flagship company, which was founded in 1962 in a small rented building on Himayat Nagar road, which is one of the largest chit fund (financial instrument) companies, and has a subscriber base of 360,000 members.
- Dolphin Hotels: The group set up its first three-star hotel in Visakhapatnam in the 1980s and now operates a range of hotels in Ramoji Film City from luxury Hotel Sitara to budget property Tara.[better source needed]
- Kalanjali: A large shopping mall that offers arts, crafts and textiles from all parts of India.[better source needed]
- Priya Foods: Manufacturing and marketing condiments, confectionery and edible oils.[better source needed]
- Brisah: Women's clothing brand, specializing in formal dress and party wear.
- Ramadevi Public School: ICSE school in Hyderabad established in 2002. Sponsored by Ramadevi Trust
- "About RFC - Ramoji Group". Ramoji Film City. Archived from the original on 19 October 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Ramoji Film City". The Times Of India. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "About - Ramoji Film City". Ramoji Film City. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Eenadu Info". EEnaduinfo.com. Ushodaya Enterprises. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Free Case Study | The Ramoji Group | Leadership Case Study | Case Studies | Case Study in Business, Management". Icmrindia.org. Retrieved 26 November 2012.