Ram Shankar Katheria
Ram Shankar Katheria (born 21 September 1964), also called Ram Shankar, is a Chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and member of the 16th Lok Sabha of India. He represents the Agra constituency of Uttar Pradesh and is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party political party. He was a Minister of State in the Human Resource Development Ministry till 6 July 2016.
Ram Shankar Katheria
|Chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes|
31 May 2017 
|Minister of State for Human Resource Development|
26 May 2016 – 5 July 2016
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||Shashi Tharoor|
|Succeeded by||Mahendra Nath Pandey|
|Member of the India Parliament
16 May 2009
|Preceded by||Raj Babbar|
21 September 1964 |
Nagariyasarawha, Etawah, (Uttar Pradesh)
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Spouse(s)||Dr Mridula Katheriya|
|Children||2 sons & 1 daughters|
|Residence||Agra & New Delhi|
|Alma mater||Kanpur University|
|Committees||Member of four committees|
Shankar was born in Nagariyasarawha, Etawah (Uttar Pradesh) on 21 September 1964 to Sone Lal and Shanti Devi. He spent his early years at the local Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) unit, which also facilitated his education. He holds PhD from Kanpur University. He worked as a pracharak of the RSS in Agra for 13 years.
Katheria was appointed as a National General-Secretary of the BJP in August 2014 and, in October, he was made in charge of the Chhattisgarh and Punjab states. However, in his November cabinet expansion, Narendra Modi inducted Katheria as a Minister of State in the Human Resource Development Ministry, where he served till 6 July 2016.
|01||2009||2014||Member, 15th Lok Sabha|
|02||2009||2014||Member, Committee on Urban Development|
|03||2009||2014||Member, Committee on Papers Laid on the Table|
|04||2009||2014||Member, Committee on Petitions|
|05||2009||2014||Member, Consultative Committee on Rural Development|
|06||2017||till date||Chairman, National Commission for Scheduled Castes|
Katheria has been charged with forging two of his degree mark-sheets (for BA and MA) allegedly to secure a job at the Agra University. The case is being heard in a court. Katheria has also listed 20 other pending cases against him in his election affidavit.
Katheria has written four books.
- "Lok Sabha profile". Lok Sabha website. Retrieved Dec 2013. Check date values in:
- "2 profs to help Yale returned Smriti Irani". Deccan Chronicle. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- http://18.104.22.168/Loksabha/Members/MemberBioprofile.aspx?mpsno=4274 loksabha.nic.in
- http://www.newspatrolling.com/ram-shankar-katheria/ Newspatrolling
- "Cabinet reshuffle: Modi government's got talent but is it being fully utilised?", The Economic Times, 10 July 2016
- "For charge of states, Amit Shah puts most faith in UP leaders". Indian Express. 23 October 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- "Dr. Ramshankar Katheria Factsheet". Elections.in. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- "Najma Heptulla, G M Siddeshwara resign from Modi Cabinet", India Today, 12 July 2016
- "Smriti Irani's new deputy at HRD ministry, an Agra University professor, accused of forging BA and MA marksheets". India Today. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
|This article about a Uttar Pradesh politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Bharatiya Janata Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|