Ram Mukherjee (1933 – 22 October 2017) was an Indian film director, producer and screenwriter in Hindi and Bengali cinema, he is one of the founders of Filmalaya Studios, Mumbai. He is most known for his films, Hum Hindustani (1960) and Leader (1964), starring Dilip Kumar and Vyjayanthimala.
|Died||22 October 2017(aged 83–84)|
|Occupation||Director, screenwriter, producer|
|Children||Raja and Rani Mukherjee|
He belongs to the Mukherjee-Samarth family, as his father Ravindramohan Mukherjee was elder brother of Sashadhar Mukherjee, and one of founders of Filmalaya Studios. His wife Krishna Mukherjee is a playback singer, his daughter Rani Mukherjee is a noted Bollywood actress, and his son is director Raja Mukherjee. Raja Mukherjee assisted his father in a few films, before making his acting debut with Bidhatar Khela (2007).
He previously, directed and produced his daughter Rani Mukherjee's film debut, Biyer Phool in 1996, and produced her Hindi film debut Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat in 1997. Mukherjee died on 22 October 2017 at the age of 84.
|1972||Ek Bar Mooskura Do||Yes||Joy Mukherjee, Tanuja, Deb Mukherjee|
|1992||Raktalekha||Bengali||Yes||Chiranjeet, Prosenjit, Debashree|
|1993||Tomar Rakte Amar Sohag||Yes||Chiranjeet, Tapas Paul, Debashree|
|1994||Rakta Nadir Dhara||Yes||Chiranjeet, Prosenjit, Debashree|
|1996||Biyer Phul||Yes||Prosenjit, Rani, Indrani|
- "B'day wishes for the queen". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Mahaan, Deepak (24 June 2010). "Leader (1964)". The Hindu. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Rani's getting married next year, says father Ram Mukherjee". Daily News & Analysis. 27 October 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Enter, queen bee's brother". The Telegraph, Calcutta. 19 January 2006. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Sikkim sojourn". The Telegraph - Calcutta. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Das, Amit (1 July 2008). "I didn't want to join films initially: Rani Mukerji". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 13 March 2014. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- "Ram Mukherjee, director of Hum Hindustani and Rani Mukerji's father, passes away". Firstpost. 22 October 2017. Retrieved 2 April 2018.