Rakhi (1962 film)
Rakhi (The sacred thread) is a 1962 Indian Bollywood drama film directed by A. Bhimsingh and starring Ashok Kumar, Waheeda Rehman, Pradeep Kumar and Mehmood. A major success, This film had Kumar winning the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for his performance and screenwriter K.P. Kottarakara won the Filmfare Award for Best Story. It was nominated for a Filmfare Award for Best Movie and Mehmood was nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor. The film was shot at Neptune Studios in Chennai. This film was a remake of the Tamil film Pasamalar. Pasamalar was remade in Telugu as Rakta Sambandham, which went on to be remade again in Hindi as Aisa Pyaar Kahan.
|Directed by||A. Bhimsingh|
|Produced by||Sivaji Ganesan|
|Written by||A. Bhimsingh (screenplay), Rajendra Krishan (dialogue and lyrics)|
|Starring||Ashok Kumar, Waheeda Rehman, Pradeep Kumar, Mehmood|
|Cinematography||G. Vittal Rao|
|Edited by||A.Paul Durai Singham, R. Thirumala|
- Ashok Kumar as Raj Kumar "Raju"
- Waheeda Rehman as Radha
- Pradeep Kumar as Anand
- Mehmood as Kasturi
- Raj Mehra as Raju's Boss
- Randhir as Shankar Kaka
- Madan Puri as Advocate Ramesh Chandra
- Shivraj as Bhagwandas Choudhury
- Mohan Choti as Mohan
- Ameeta as Malti Chandra
- Malika as Rani
- Lalita Pawar as Nandini (Kasturi's Mother)
All lyrics are written by Rajinder Krishan.
- "Raakhi Dhaagon Kaa Tyauhaar" - Mohammed Rafi
- "Ya Meri Manzil Bata" - Mohammed Rafi
- "Saiya Chhod De Baiyan Mori Patli Kalaiyan Mud Jayegi" - Lata Mangeshkar, Mukesh
- "Ae Ishq Teri Jai Ho" - Mohammed Rafi
- "Dekho Mehnat Se Daulat Ki Yaari" - Asha Bhosle, Mohammed Rafi
- "Kab Tak Bol Gori Aise Sharmayegi" - Lata Mangeshkar
- "Sitaro Aaj To Hum Bhi Tumhare Sath" - Asha Bhosle
- Collections. Update Video Publication. 1991. Retrieved 4 October 2011.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|