Raju Bista (born 3 January 1986) is an Indian politician and managing director of Surya Roshni Limited. He was elected to the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India, from Darjeeling, West Bengal in the 2019 Indian general election as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He is a National Spokesperson of the BJP. On 14 July, 2021, he has been appointed as a National General Secretary of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
23 May 2019
|Preceded by||S. S. Ahluwalia|
|Born||3 January 1986|
Charhajare, Senapati, Manipur
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Residence(s)||Darjeeling, West Bengal |
Punjabi Bagh, West Delhi
|Alma mater||Presidency College, Motbung (B.A.)|
|Profession||Business, social work|
Bista was born on 3 January 1986 in a Gorkha family of Vishnu and Prabah Bista in Charhajare, Senapati district of Manipur. He is a Bachelor of Arts and was educated at Presidency College, Motbung which is affiliated to Manipur University. Bista married Anita Bista on 6 October 2006, with whom he has two daughters. He is a businessperson by profession and is also involved with social work.
- "With Raju Bista's victory, Manipur's Nepali community gets its first MP". K Sarojkumar Sharma. The Times of India. 25 May 2019. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "33 year-old youth from Manipur is Darjeeling's new MP". Northeast Now. 23 May 2019. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
- Das, Madhuparna (27 May 2019). "Battle in Bengal: It's Gorkhas Vs Gorkhas in Darjeeling". Madhuparna Das. The Economic Times. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Raju Bista gets appointed as the national spokesperson of BJP". Siliguri Times. 26 September 2020. Retrieved 8 July 2021.
- Sinha, Avijit (15 July 2021). "BJP MP Raju Bista named Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha national general secretary". Telegraph India. Retrieved 15 July 2021.
- "Members : Lok Sabha". loksabhaph.nic.in. Retrieved 23 October 2019.