List of Rajput dynasties and states(Redirected from Rajput states)
Early medieval dynastiesEdit
The term "Rajput" has been used as an anachronistic designation for several Hindu dynasties that confronted the Ghaznavid and Ghurid invaders during the 11th and 12th centuries. Although the Rajput identity did not exist at this time, these lineages were classified as aristocratic Rajput clans in the later times.
Following is the list of those ruling Rajput dynasties of the Indian Subcontinent:
- Bisen of Pathankot district(Punjab, India) and Himachal Pradesh.
- Bundelas of Bundelkhand: Ruled Bundelkhand from the 16th century onwards.
- Chand dynasty of Kumaon: Ruled much of Uttarakhand.
- Songara Chauhan of Ambliara in Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
- Chawdas of Gujarat.
- Chandel of Gidhaur
- Chudasamas and Sarvaiyas of Kathiawar – a branch of Samma Rajputs of Sindh.
- Dogra dynasty of Jammu and Kashmir
- Gandhawarias of the Mithila region of Bihar.
- Gahlots of Chittorgarh and Bhavnagar.
- Gohil's of Bhavnagar, Palitana, Vala, Lathi and Rajpipla in Saurashtra
- Hadas of Bundi, Kota, Baran and Jhalawar, Rajasthan
- Jadejas of Kutch, Nawanagar, Gondal and Dhrol.
- Jadauns of Karauli, Awagarh, Aligarh and Agra
- Jarrals of Jammu and Kashmir
- Jethwas of Porbandar.
- Jhala of Kathiawar
- Kachwahas of Jaipur, Alwar and Maihar
- Khanzada Rajputs of Mewat State.
- Katoch dynasty of Kangra: Ruled much of Himachal Pradesh and parts of Punjab.
- Parhar, Parihara and Pratihara dynasties of Kannauj. Conquered Kannauj in 816 AD, which remained its capital for about a century, declined in the 10th century.
- Pawars of Danta
- Raghuvanshis of Kunihar State and Rajgarh State, Himachal Pradesh
- Rana dynasty of Nepal
- Rathores of Marwar (Jodhpur and Bikaner)
- Sarvaiyas of Keshwada Junagadh and Kathiyawad
- Sengars of Bhareh (UP), Jalon (UP), Datia (MP).
- Shekhawats of Shekhawati
- Sisodias of Mewar (Udaipur)
- Sodhas of Umerkot, Sindh
- Songaras of Ambliara, Gujarat
- Taonis of Ambala
- Tomars/Tanwar of Sikar and Gwalior
- Ujjainiyas of Bhojpur, Bihar.
- Cynthia Talbot 2015, p. 33-35.
- Peter Jackson 2003, p. 9.
- Vijaya R Trivedi
- Dogra Dynasty
- "Mithila Under the Karnatas, C. 1097-1325 A.D". p. 55. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Mcleod, John (6–9 July 2004). The Rise and Fall of the Kutch Bhayati (PDF). Eighteenth European Conference on Modern South Asian Studies, University of Lund. p. 5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 March 2012. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- dynasty of Himchal
- The History of India by Kenneth Pletcher
- Greater Game: India's Race with Destiny and China by David Van Praagh
- Studies In Indian History: Rajasthan
- Humayun: the great moghul by Shiri Ram Bakshi, Sri Kant Sharma
- Historical Dictionary of Medieval India by Iqtidar Alam Khan
- "Naukar, Rajput, and Sepoy: The Ethnohistory of the Military Labour Market in Hindustan 1450-1850". p. 181. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Cynthia Talbot (2015). The Last Hindu Emperor: Prithviraj Cauhan and the Indian Past, 1200–2000. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9781107118560.
- Peter Jackson (2003). The Delhi Sultanate: A Political and Military History. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-54329-3.